Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara

:) You should do a You tube diary, lol.

I eat lots of fruit and drink lots of water, I think my main problem is not enough motivation. Like now- I'm watching Inspector Morse lol.

Moon

What about your shoulders miss Shimmy, they disappeared? ;)

Wow, how do you do hip circles whilst sitting?

I won't have dance lesson today. There's a storm alarm and everyone is strongly adviced to stay at home, the lesson is canceled :(

miss_shimmy

You should do a You tube diary, lol.
i do have a personal diary,here i love that we can all jump up and join in inspiring eachother in great and fun ways!!!

but then i would miss out on being here with you girls.
moon,doing arms whilst stood and the ballet is arm intensive,getting realy strong nowadays..though thankx for the pointer.

having jacket potatoes for dinner...with salad and cottage cheese...YUMMMMYYYY!!!!:) :) :)

the storm is quite stunning here..eek!!!I had to go out in it was er...fun..!!

sstacy123

No storm blowing here, although I didn't watch the weather...

It is funny I have been a member of another board for a few years, a weight loss board and I feel more support here!

I have to find my measuring tape, I don't know what I did with it. I once found a website that was really helpful for where to measure, but I can't remember which site it was.

So I took a little baby step today and did a Denise Austin ab tape...

I'm gonna have to make some kind of run to my gym...got to pay my new year locker fee...I almost forgot it'd been so long since I've been...don't want them to cut the lock and take my stuff!

What are jacket potatoes?

miss_shimmy

hiya stacey :)

isnt the support here wonderful!!

jacket potatoe...you take a potatoe,leave it in its skin(give it a good clean of course)lob it in the oven for about an hour and a half(depending on the size...).
it is beautiful!!!
and realy good for you,the skin carries natural insulin to keep blood sugar all nice and level,therefore helping with hormonal imbalances and mood swings etc.
i swing on my moods often he he he,though not as much as i used to.

did you get to the gym?
I had a late morning this morning,so choose 3 of my cards,danced for 15 minutes.i have ballet again tonight,and a little callanetics to do also:)

all is going well.drinking loads of water:)

love to all for a GREAT weekend:)

Moon

Hi all,

I had to out in the storm too yesterday (fortunately not when the storm was the most heavy) and as long as it wasn't raining, it was quite fun indeed! However I couldn't get the door open that leads from the university building to the greenhouse cause the wind was blowing right against it. I had to look for this rather heavy phd to help me... little embarrasing lol.
And my bellydance lesson was canceled :( My mom even called me cause she was affraid I would go, hahah.)
I hope no-one has any damage because of that storm here?

No dancing today as room is still too messy, but I ate 5 mandarins :)

miss Shimmy said:
i swing on my moods often he he he,though not as much as i used to.
Really? But you always sound so happy and positive minded here.

miss_shimmy

sorry to hear about those storms moon,i have been praying so hard for the safety of people,its calmed alott here thank goodness.

mood swings,well the difference is now,whatever i feel,i dance it,i stay positive majority of the time,so yes much less than in days gone by.:)

now i almost always feel in high spirits even if things dont work out quite right...all thankx to dance:)

well done on the fruit moon:D

Venefica

Miss Shimmy is this training from you are using similar to pilates? i have gotten myself a few pilates videos and i planing on starting to use them to loose some weight and get into betther heath. What you are doing seam a bit similar.

Babylonia

Hope everyone is staying safe.

I put a hold on Fast Food Nation. Every copy was checked out or on hold! I'm #2 on the list. It must be a good read. :D

Sara

I eat too much fruit. I can go through a bag of apples a day, then satsuma's and oranges. On top of that I make strawberry and kiwii smoothies. Then I have strawberries and grapes in apple juice for like a little dessert. I'm obssessed with fruit. :) Dentist hates me for it though.

Venefica

Fruit is healthy, if one eat way to mutch of it one can get a bit to mutch fruit sugar, but for the most part fruit is healthy and it is alot better than most other snaks and candy one can eat.

belly_dancer

too much fruit is way better than if you'd be reaching for the junk food instead!!!! berries esp. are way good for you!
oh yeah .... forgot to mention in my novel about eating 10 servings of veggies a day.... I do plies (or just hold one) & other exercises/dance steps whilst chopping all those veggies..... GREAT for isolations!! WARNING for beginners no knives at first!!! (start while washing dishes (no glass at first:naghty: !) or folding laundry, til you're quite isolated!!)
I just had a yummy baked potato w/ tons of sauce (1/2 hummus & 1/2 yogurt) & homemade sprouts YUMMMMMMMMM! (while reading abt shimmy's potato jackets.... same thing? no?
I am glad babs is looking into fast food nation!
hope y'all don't mind the nicknames have a bad habit of that!

Venefica

It is not realy a matter of how mutch you ear but what you eat. You can eat alot of fruit, vegtables, good meat, egg, chiken and so on if one drop alot of fatteing sauses, sugar, potatochips and so on. I have a problem I overeat, and I overeat on the unhealthy stuff like candy and junk food and as a result I am dangeorusly fat and have to loose weight :( But if I had overeaten of healty but good stuff instead I might have been a littlebit chobby but not fat. Some things one can eat and eat of and it is still healthy.

Moon

Once, one of my mom's collegues had to go to the hospital because she got ill because she ate 12 oranges each day. I think you can eat too much fruit if you eat too much of the same kind.
Also if you eat too much carrots you'll become orange! :lol:

Venefica, I'm sure you will be able to successfully change your eating habit :) Just buy a lot of sweet fruits you really like (although I know there's always less choice in Northern countries in winter :rolleyes:)

Venefica

I am lucky I live in one of Norway`s biggest cities Bergen, so we have some choice, it just costs, witch is not always good, but appels, organges, pears, bananas, and so on normal fruits are relativly easy to get, and even whit the price, fruit is still cheaper than candy. I mean half a pataya cost aboute 13 Norweegian kr witch is aboute one and a half dollar, witch is a little cheaper than a chocolate the same weight. I just have horrible habits. I come from a home where comfort meant candy, cosy home evenings meant cady, basicaly everything meant candy, and that is a bit hard to get rid of. But wish me good luck. My goal is to go down 60 kilos witch is aboute 120 pounds.

Yes if you eat etreme amounts of one type of fruit you can get posiond, as you get to many of some type of vitamins. Carrots for esample is a vegtable that is healthy, but if you eat to mutch it is not healthy anymore.

sstacy123

Ah, jacket potato, sounds like a baked potato. for me..although I'm bad to want to not eat the skin even though I know it has the nutrients...I bought myself some brocoli...I need to come up with a healty way to convince myself to eat it though.

Sara

I tell you what I LOVE to eat, lol.

Tomato pasta
potatoes
and curry

Not all at once, but I like to experiment with stuff and things either turn out really bad or really good.

I try and make something new once every two weeks.

Thanks for the Callanetics link!

Venefica

Here is a favofite of mine. Healthy, perhaps not, but good anyway.

Colobia Potato.

Make alot of mosh potato, use a little cream so it get nice and creamy, perhasps add some spices. Take a form you might use for lasagne or cake and fill one layer of mosh potato. Then one layer of fried minced meat, then a layer of mosh potato and so on unthil the form is full. The boil two eggs, dice them and decorate the top whit. Put in the owen and fry unthil the mosh potato is golden. Yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.