Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

belly_dancer

yes!! bring the sword to work! I used to wear mine around the office (when my boss was to lunch:lol: )!!!!!
I carry mine around everywhere (I have 2 regular gigs within walking distance from my house!!), anywhere you have bad parking, have to hike a bit.... I DO get some strange looks... but so far no confiscation!
the only time we "sort of" get in trouble is when we dance @ schools... (but I NEVER ask first.... just show up & soo far soo good.... although some chaperones were a bit upset @ a high school dance where we performed & then danced w/ the audience & let them try & balance our swords.... appaerently you should not share "weapons" in "gang country" but there were NO problems, & the kids LOVED it!!!)...

sstacy123

lol well I work for the law enforcement so I guess I'm in prime position to get busted but at the same time, they know me and a lot of them know I bellydance...

I do have to park a little away and there are shady characters around from time to time...

Wiggly

ooh some great goals there wiggley!!:)

I did callanetics stretching this morning,feels great.
The only thing that has pulled in my pouch is this combined wiggly:

* callanetics
* eating well
* bellydabce

I thank the callanetics for working its magic mainly,makes me so strong and
pulls me in,sculpts my body!

and my under arms are so toned,i used to have wings!!!:shok:

you can see some of the callanetics excercises here:

Bodylicious: 15 minute workout

love and shimmies

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Miss Shimmy:)
I will have a look at that.
I think that as midlife approaches I really need to get serious, we had a good work out at dancing this week and I'm stiff even with a good cool down.
I'm going to get stuck in though and do my best.
Wiggly:dance:

sstacy123

Yea! Finally got my sword yesterday...didn't have much time to tinker with it as I went to see my teacher dance at a restaurant...Hehe I managed to get it on my head and stay there without holding it in place so I think that's a good sign. I do wonder if the weight will make my head hurt if I practice a lot though. Oh and V it is quite dull.

sstacy123

well I just tinkered with it a bit and am quite pleased with how it balanced...it does feel heavy on the head which doesn't feel great...the handle jabbed me in the head once as it started slipping off...but I think I'm happy with it...nothing to compare it to of course.

sstacy123

Thanks...I get my hair done Thursday, that might be a good opportunity to take some pictures...(that is when I took the picture of the avatar I'm using-I just can't do it as good as the hairdresser)

belly_dancer

Hi all, are you all doing well????
what are your goals today??
I SHOULD be dancing... but am JUST sitting here:(
oh well....
hope you are ALL doing something fun!

sstacy123

Booo

diet isn't going well...I'm tired of watching portions...grr I just wanna eat!!!

I didn't do my hour today because #1 my car broke down and I was 3 hours late to work and #2 retirement party today

I was going to return to my first teacher tonight now that I'm out of school so that I'd be having classes twice a week but my car will be in the shop at least till Thursday so I'm missing class tonight...plus it will cost $$$ to fix the car and I'm on a tight budget already so now I'm wondering should I save the money I was going to spend for class.:( Boo!

belly_dancer

diet isn't going well...I'm tired of watching portions...grr I just wanna eat!!!

I didn't do my hour today because #1 my car broke down and I was 3 hours late to work and #2 retirement party today

I was going to return to my first teacher tonight now that I'm out of school so that I'd be having classes twice a week but my car will be in the shop at least till Thursday so I'm missing class tonight...plus it will cost $$$ to fix the car and I'm on a tight budget already so now I'm wondering should I save the money I was going to spend for class.:( Boo!

whhhaaaa (me crying!) it's been one of those days (weeks??) hasn't it?!

sstacy123

YUP!:shok:

and now I don't know if I need to cancel my hair appt...what if my car isn't ready then...they always want 24 hours notice...they already canceled the appointement once...I don't want to cancel...

Babylonia

Stacy, Sorry about your car troubles. :( It's always a PITA when that happens.
BTW I think you look like the girl who plays Elliott in "Scrubs". :D

charity

Hi all, are you all doing well????
what are your goals today??
I SHOULD be dancing... but am JUST sitting here:(
oh well....
hope you are ALL doing something fun!

oK 3rd try, yesterday

hip shimmy
3/4 shimmy as lift, drop, slide
3/4 shimmy as hip twist lift, drop, sit slide
3/4 cheater shimmy
drop kicks
hip downs
2 count chest lift/drop
head slides
arms/hands/transitions
all figure 8's
chest/hip circles
hip crescents
desert rose

push-ups (45 reps)
forward arm claps (120 reps)
overhead arm claps (150 reps)
military press (150 reps)
forward flies (60 reps)
lateral raises (60 reps)
forward arm raises (60 reps)
chest press (60 reps)
bicep curls (60reps)

i think that covers it.

today:

undulations
head slides
shoulder rolls
hip crescents
drop kicks
weighted side stretches (60 reps)
weighted upper abdominal crunches (150 reps)
leg lifts (60 reps)
weighted oblique crunches (75 reps)
froggers (75 reps)
push-ups (60 reps)

sstacy123

Got car working again...well the guy didn't fix my hair as nice as he did last time...but I still took some picks with my sword...

http://g

miss_shimmy

hiya girls

hi all,gosh its great to be back,I must read up on what I have missed!!

all is well here,I just met my mum after many years,an interesting experiance,as she is an alcoholic.I must admit I was completely thrown by it all for a week or so.but last night I had to think of ways of releasing the negative energy.
I have decided to start some meditation,on top of dancing,and get back to eating the food combining way,I got totally lost there for a little while,but I havnt stopped doing dance and callanetics.

I ask myself,how can this enrich my life?meeting my mum and then dealing with her alcoholic side.Its certainly a challenge,I have spent so many years away from my family.

I can handle it.

God brought me to it and is bringing me through it.

so back to food combining.
I did cardio tribal dance this morning,that realy eased me into the day,I feel so energised and refreshed.

super callanetics after lunch and drills later.
I am feeling much stronger.

love to all

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moon

Good to have you back! I hope everything will work out well with your mum. I'm glad you're doing ok :D

I didn't do anything (except for study etc.) this week because there were no dance classes due to celebration days and I forgot to go to yoga :wall:
And yesterday I ate french fries 2 times :confused:

Wiggly

Good luck with your Mum, it must be a very strange time for you, just remember to carry on with the things that keep you going, the fun things that you can do, no matter what you feel like and they still cheer you up or let you forget for a while.
My Father died two years ago and I had a hard time dealing with it, I struggled to do the normal things in life, then I found Belly dance and started learning the violin and when I'm struggling,I take time out to do those things and I always feel better. They are things for me and no one else and thats what helps I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.