Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_shimmy

I can totally relate to you wiggly,and thankx for the uplift,its just what I needed (((hugs))).

yes I feel like getting deeper spiritually to give myself armour.
I felt quite vulnerable these last2 weeks ,I have been extra grateful of dancing,realy I have.

I still feel a little numb in places,Like i like to be by myself,and cant realy relate when people are talking to me.But then I am missing my first son too,he has been gone 13 years,though every now and then a numb over as it gets very painful.the first thing my mum did was mention it in a very unattached way...she is a tough one,I love her but when she has had a drink she is so mean.

but God brought me to it,he will bring ,me through it.

thankx moon

(((hugs))))

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Babylonia

Miss Shimmy: Big hugs to you from across the sea. I think it's wonderful of you to give your mother another chance to be in your life. I know it can't be easy. Some people don't make it easy to have them in your life. Some people also feel that being a relative gives them the right to treat you however they want even if it's not nice. Another round of big hugs. It's good that you're keeping up your routine, dance can be a real life/sanity saver. :D

Wiggly

Double hugs back, Miss Shimmy. I'm glad I helped a little.
Yes, I hadn't thought about it before but I did become more, well spiritual in a way, not quite the right word in my circumstance but the idea is right.
Chin up and soldier on.
Wiggly

belly_dancer

interesting how "fit for life" is not JUST the body.... but the mind & spirit too...
I am SOOOO sorry about your mom MissS... it is her choice to be an alcoholic... (at least it WAS:( ) maybe you can draw the line, & let her know that she is welcome to spend time w/ you (& your family??) when she is sober, but otherwise no.....
I was in a similar situation.... and it did work..... to the degree it could....
goood luck.... we cannot "fix" others... but we can use their experiences as lessons & make better choices....
and of course we can always "improve" or at least "work on" ourselves...
so what?!? my dear friends are you all doing this magical monday (mentally/physically/spiritually ) to make your life a better place???

today is "sort of" my day off... only have to work about 6 hours...
& no teaching/class...
I got to watch the movie Frieda.... very inspiring....
plus this weekend I had workshops with Alexandra King... VERY cool
(the workshops & her!!!!... pm me if you want info in sponsering her!!!)

these are MY goals for the rest of the day....
*find music for a beginning choreo.... (looking for drum solo & a veil song...... any recommendations (a song that is or can be cut to approx 2-4 min...)??????)??

*check out a bellydance workout dvd.....maybe even DO it?!!??! (I am here at work.....

*no more junk food.... (yes the food nazi here had fried chicken...(for breakfast AND lunch!) granted, it was homemade..... but NEED to lose abt 8 lbs for the costumes to look their best!!!!)

*read to my son! (& maybe have a "dance party" as of course fitness is ALWAYS on our mind!!!!!)

*spend at least 1/2 hour sewing (been neglecting my costuming..... I remember, when I was a kid.... (before age 18 or so) I could spend HOURS at my sewing machine... (I have ALWAYS been into moving/creative "meditiaion"....) even though nothing else (besides a good book or puzzle) could hold my attention for very long....)....

*ooooohhhhh it WOULD be nice if I could find some new (old)music to DANCE to as well...
after Alex's workshops.... am VERY much looking forward to getting back to the good old music (am cab)... I had lots on tape (yep I am that old!) but my cd stuff is mostly more pop/egyptian/tecno/remix stuff......
HEY???? now that most of my tapes are gone.... does anyone know an EASY & CHEAP way to transfer tapes into computer (I have a MAC)

ok... will (try &) sign off now, so I can actually DO something!!!!

have a FABULOUS day & peace my friends!!!!

miss_shimmy

Hi all,

I am so grateful of the advice,thankyou so much.
thing is when she is drunk she doesnt admit it.
so we just backed off when she went like that.I have a duty as her daughter to love and care for her regardless,a duty as a mum to put my family first its a situation I am grateful of,I am enjoying learning how to deal with it to be honest.
I dance alott today,have stayed well away from any bad foods.and thats how things will stay.
today:

* i danced cardio tribal
* supercallanetics
* few bellyrolls
* 15 mins with RB
* drills before bed

thankx for being great girls

namaste

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

charity

miss_shimmy

i found one book on callanetics. it was only available at another library branch. i thought of giving it a try.

so do you do yoga? i havent had much time/patience for anything but asana. i have done the inhale program on oxygen network and the namaste yoga on fittv.

it truly makes you feel at peace. i'm reading up on pranayama. for now these exercises dont do so much as what they are recommended for. any type of breathing exercise makes me sleepy. i am assuming this is because my body is not used to a different way of breathing just yet.

either way both breathing and posture exercises are very uplifting and grounding. its the strangest thing imo, this stuff really works. i never in the past believed that it could.

i have not committed wholely to it just yet. i'd rather be in a funk for a bit. sometimes that is healthy too, isnt it?

i hope all works out with your mom. just follow your heart. probably not good advice but thats all i got.

miss_shimmy

hello charity

funny you should ask that,as the callanetics has built up so much strength,I am now adding yoga to my routine.
I am doing yoga with rachel brice.I started last week with 15 min session.todays I did a 30 minute session.I realy enjoyed it.

I do a section of callanetics a day,did you get the book ''complete callanetics''?
let me know if I can be of any help with helping you build a routine with callanetics that realy works for you and fits around your lifestyle.

and your advice with my mum...my thoughts exsacly...as I walked to her house today..I just followed my heart without question...she was on a good day..which was just..wow.we had such a great time :)

I did alott of dance yesterday,I am now preparing choreography for one of my songs.I am realy exited about that :)

love and light

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxx

charity

miss_shimmy.

do you mean the RB tribal fusion dvd? i have that one, it is a challenge.

i have gone onto gentler poses.

thats great about your mom. maybe the good days will become more and more.

p.s.
my library doesnt carry the "complete callanetics". we have a limited selection of books.

miss_shimmy

hey there charity,

yeh thats the one,I realy like the yoga and dance combined.
shortly I will do drills.
I made a promise to myself today to drill each and everyday:)

I just wondered about your book so I could refer to it.

best of luck

love and light

Miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxx

charity

miss_shimmy i'll have to get back with you on the name.

i have two yoga books, one is yoga for dummies, LOL, hey its actually quite thorough and the other cant remember.

i have a book that is pretty much yoga poses but is "full body stretching" by jay blahnik. i love that one.

miss_shimmy

hiya charity

sounds like you are very much immersed into the yoga...I figure a little callanetics,yoga and pilates all are such wonderful contributions to my dancing.

I did pilates for beginners,first time today.I can realy feel it even hours later.
I also did some dance drills,then danced to ''dancing through''by indogo .

happy with todays eating,stayed with food combining..seeing some awesome muscle shape.

I cried as I watched Rbee today...she is so amazing

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

charity

oh i love that pic. i wish i had talents to do that with a computer but i'm technologically challenged.

i didnt get my first cell phone, computer and cable television until 31:shok:.

that yoga book is "total yoga: a step-by-step guide to yoga at home for everybody" by tara fraser. its very to the point. i like it.

yes i like rb too. she dances on her own spiritual level. combining dance with the spiritual concepts behind yoga. i think this is often not considered because of her association with tribal fusion style.

wait i should clarify, i am under the impression of the above simply because of my own experiences with yoga.

peace out, miss_shimmy.

miss_shimmy

hi charity..how you doing?did you get an urge to try callanetics yet?

well the pik...I spent the afternoon taking lessons with my hubby,he is the talented one in that area..I am realy happy with what I learnt,thankyou for the compliment:)

just gonna get ready to drill and then choreograph.taking the boys swimming tomorrow..so looking at an early night.

namaste

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

miss_shimmy

well today I practised with Rbee,managed to do the whole 40 minutes and for the first time ever I realy enjoyed the yoga sunsalutions.I love the way I felt once I had finished...all floaty and energised.

happy weekend!!

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moon

How's your callanetics going miss Shimmy? Have you made your own video yet? :dance:

Went ballroom dancing with boyfriend yesterday and this other guy accidentally landed on my feet with his own 2 feet and now I have a painfull bruise :mad:
Bellydance performance next week, yay :)

Babylonia

Hi, hope everyone is feeling fine this weekend. :) We have a holiday Monday so it's a 3 day weekend here.

I finally tried water aerobics and I like it. My legs felt like jelly when I got out of the pool. I slept like a baby too.

I saw a movie called "Sabah" this weekend.It's comedy/drama about a Muslim woman from Syria who lives in Toronto and falls in love with a non-Muslim man. While no one was a bellydancer there was bellydancing in the movie. I found it interesting because all of the dancing took place at family gatherings. Check it out.:D

Peace, love, health and happiness.

miss_shimmy

hey there babylonia (((hugs)))great to ''see''you.
I am so glad you enjoyed aerobics in the water,I always was quite curious about that!

ooh that film sounds awesome,i must look out for that...

today:)

- supercallanetics for the legs
- cardio tribal
- dance drills

charity

yea i saw "sabah" too, it is good. i love the little bit of them dancing at the end. that woman is so cute, the main character. she looks A LOT LIKE my aunt when she was young.

moon
i never took up ballroom like i had said. i'm staying with my monday night belly dance class and i dont get home in time for ballroom. slightly disappointed about that. but perhaps now i can do the ballroom bootcamp on fittv. you have to be a complete amateur i think. have you seen the show? i like it a lot, as well as dancing with the stars.

Moon

Hi Charity, what a pity you can't make it. I don't know ballroom bootcamp. Dancing with the stars we have too in the Netherlands. I watched 2 seasons but last season I stopped because the dancers are all too obsessed with lifts :rolleyes: I like to see more traditional ballroom dancing ;)
What kind of show is ballroom bootcamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.