Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstacy123

Yeah it is really convenient and I've been lucky not have anyone come in on me in a while. It's a nice way to break up the work day. And I hate trying to go to the gym after work, it is so crowded! And before work-ideally that is when I'd go but here lately I can hardly pull myself out of the bed just for work.

Oh and I'm different at different times. I feel like if I don't have something I started feeling deprived and it really gets in my head. And I feel like I'm much more likely to want to stick to my "diet" if I can still have the things I like. And this will work for me for a while but then there are other times that I know I can not have some foods around or I will binge...and sometimes the more I eat the more I want...so I'm not quite sure what is right for me.

Last edited:

miss_shimmy

well,I am feeling so focused,I am brimming with sheer determination.
I have laid out my routine for tomorrow,I do not yet know what order I shall do it in,I got

* cardio ~ this is defo for the morning,the book tells me it helps dance and such later on,so I am getting that into a habit.
* yoga
* bellydance
* Qi gong

I am already exited for tomorrow.
today I was out and about so did chest lifts and abs isolations whilst on the move.
tonight I did some yoga with my son,some callanetics,and for dance:

* hip circles
* pelvis tilts
* pivot bump

I look inside my mind and I see me,with a beautiful dancers body,free ,dancing just like I want to...

stacy...I am so proud of you,I will be trying broccoli with hummus,I love both,thankx for telling me about that...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hi there belly_dancer,thankx for stopping by:)

thought I would share a pik of me and my cute boys :)

hope everyone has a safe and beautiful weekend.

love and light

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

belly_dancer

OMG !!!!!!!!!!! they are adorable!!!!!
& keep on movin'....
just found out I have to perform tonite...
feel like hell warmed over.....
& NOT in the mood.... but MUST NOT complain....
of course.... most pressing ??? = WHAT TO WEAR!!!!
WAS planning on going HOME (from work) & making a nice LOW CAL, HEALTHY, but VERY delicious dinner...
MAY still have time........ wheeeeeeeeeee
may have to resort to BOXED soup..... you know how the "health nazi" here hates boxes & cans.... still better than the dreaded "fast food"... what I have to do is get it together & FREEZE some homemade soups for such emergencies!!!!
& realize I am only performing 15-20 min... so not REALLY "working out" so I DO NOT have carte blanche to eat ALL that FAB CHEESE I have in the fridge!!!!! (say... how many calories does an hour of makeup/costuming use:think: ???)
peace

miss_shimmy

Hi all,thankyou for enjoying the pik,the boys sure are too beautiful and too cute for their own good...LOL.

how you doing today?

belly_dancer,how was the performance?
I was thinking about you all evening when I was dancing.

Hi there Moon,hows your dancing and such going?

Babylonia,my sweet sister in dance,how great to see you ((hugs)).Araballa is so beautiful also just like her mum.
Iwould love to see a pik of all you girls,I love piks:)

well,just having a drink then off I go to do hi impact cardio workout,I am so exited about it,as I know each time I do it I am getting fitter and fitter.
Got some nice greens in yesterday,so I am looking forward to eating well.

I was at my foster mums yesterday and she found it so hard to accept that I didnt drink tea/coffee,dont eat meat ,and I drink water without any juice or anything in it.
I just said,well you have your ways and I have mine ;)

so todays fitness agenda is quite a busy one,the boys are ok about me ever now and then doing what I need to do,finn often joins in,not so much with the dancing but he loves yoga,so that great to have a partner with that :)

love and light

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ps thankx for the hair compliment...;)

Moon

Hi Miss Shimmy,

It's so cool you and your son are doing yoga together! Who knows maybe he'll start to like dance too, or maybe your other son. Or they could learn to play tabla so you can perform together in the future ;)

You really never drink tea anymore? Wow I thought all English people didn't drink something else ;) Tea can be healthy though, if you don't drink it to much (and without sugar, I find that quite hard :()

Today my boyfriend took me to a bellydance store and bought zills for me :D I'm so happy with them! Though I'm still very very much a beginner lol, hope the neighbours won't hate me ;)

belly_dancer

Hi all,thankyou for enjoying the pik,the boys sure are too beautiful and too cute for their own good...LOL.

how you doing today?

belly_dancer,how was the performance?
I was thinking about you all evening when I was dancing.
thanks for asking! It was fun... AND I DID have time to make the most fab & healthy spinach risotto...... YUM
performing again tonite... & again SHOULD be figuring out what to wear!!!!
have more options now that I have been good abt eating my veggies.... & my costumes are starting to fit better again!
good & healthy living to all of you!!!

miss_shimmy

It's so cool you and your son are doing yoga together! Who knows maybe he'll start to like dance too, or maybe your other son. Or they could learn to play tabla so you can perform together in the future

Hi there moon,I am bringing the boys in on dance ,then they always have that option,that confidence,I want them ,as they grow to learn that dance is somewhere you can go to take time out from the world.
finn is very much into martial arts,he loves the dancing.
jayke,the one with the buzz in his hands,he loves to dance,babies are dancing from such an early age without realy thinking about it :)so i just encourage it..

You really never drink tea anymore? Wow I thought all English people didn't drink something else Tea can be healthy though, if you don't drink it to much (and without sugar, I find that quite hard )

i gave up tea/coffee when i gave up smoking,about 2 years ago..i cant believe i used to smoke:rolleyes:

Today my boyfriend took me to a bellydance store and bought zills for me I'm so happy with them! Though I'm still very very much a beginner lol, hope the neighbours won't hate me

ah moon,isnt that so great!!send him my thankx .you 2 are so great together:)

thanks for asking! It was fun... AND I DID have time to make the most fab & healthy spinach risotto...... YUM
performing again tonite... & again SHOULD be figuring out what to wear!!!!
have more options now that I have been good abt eating my veggies.... & my costumes are starting to fit better again!
good & healthy living to all of you!!!

isnt that great!!how long have you been a bellydancer?
it sure is great to be healhy,I am putting myself back on that track today..had such naughty foods over this weekend.:shok:

love to all xxx

sstacy123

Oh yes, that is a nice picture.

Well I'm a bit frustrated this morning...after several days of the same number on the scale it went up...grrr...I'm hoping it is just one of those inevitable fluctuations but I just wish it could have fluctuated down... The weekend really wasn't the greatest in terms of eating though I still wasn't expecting to see it go up... and I haven't started today off well either but I'll get it together for the rest of the day. Although no workouts planned, I stayed up till 2:30 in the am doing my taxes and I'm quite tired.

Venefica

If one is stressed it is easy to get to mutch wather in the body, also if one is exersising more one build more mussels, and they way more than fat so the weight can actualy go up even if one is slimming down.

Moon

Had 6 hours dance lesson yesterday. Really nice but didn't get much sleep because my throat hurts :( so I stayed home today, being so tired. I think it's best to give my legs some rest now.

Practiced zills whilst sitting down (I know it's better to move at the same time, but my left calf muscles really hurt hahah) and suddenly I heart someone clapping, appeared boyfriend was watching in the door opening the whole time! :protest: lol.

Stacy, don't give up. Venefica is right, it can happen your weight goes up when you start doing excersice.
When I lived with my parents, I used to go to the university by bike, but I went by bus in the winter. When I went by bike, I weighed more then when I went by bus!
Maybe it's a good idea to take measurements like miss Shimmy does?

sstacy123

Well my scale is supposed to tell me muscle weight/body water but I didn't have time to look at that as I was running late already and I haven't been doing enough exercise to gain muscle so I'm hoping it is water.

Yeah I was going to take measurements but haven't gotten around to hunting up my tape.

miss_shimmy

hi girls,hang in there stacy((HUgs)),the girls have given sound advice.best of luck finding your tape measure,I have 3 or 4,I hang them from my keyboard stand,then I know where tey are.

I had a bad throat too,in fact at first I could hardly swallow,then when I could,it was so sore.
hot water with lemon and honey sorted it,soothed and sorted.

My eating was crap today,I couldnt eat at all this afernoon,then I got realy hungry all of a sudden,and didnt eat well.
so I am ok with that,I know that if I dont meal plan it goes all scewy...LOL

well done with all those hours moon :)I wanted to do more today but ended up spending most of the afternoon in the bath and had a realy great pampering session,best thing do do whe feeling yukky I reckon :)

I think tonight i will do some light excercise/dace and staRT over tomorrow,hopefulyy feeling refreshed,replenished and rearing to go..

well done with the zills moon ;)your boyfriend is a true sweety:)

how you doing today venefica?

miss_shimmy

my focus now is mainly on dance and ballet,and eating properly of course!!!
Got my carol vorderman book ready...I am so exited about the jewel of yorkshire:)

Venefica

I danced ballet as a little girl, running around in my pink, yes pink lille costume and wanting a tutu for my birthday. But I had a horrible instructor that realy ruind any joy I had in dance so I quit. She desided that everything a chorography did not work out as planned, I was to blame, no matter how well I did.

sstacy123

well I didn't do like I said...I was kind of bad the rest of the day but I know tomorow will be better and maybe I'll get some exercise in too.

miss_shimmy

Stacy,today i am at day one with my excellent eating plan,what i love about life is qwhen we fluff up,we can always start over on a new day,and its so exiting as today is that day:)

we will feel so much better,i get realy peeved with myself when i fluff up,but this time i didnt,i just had a takl with myself,and now i am back on track.
going to the jewel of yorkshire helps alott:cool:

something to motivate you is good.

miss_shimmy

Today I am doing dance...3 moves to drill:

* figure 8's
* shimmy
* pelvis tip.

yoga

* whole body rock and roll
* the flower
* the butterfly

and later I have: