Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venefica

Well I hope the doctor figure whatever it is out quikly Oksana. And I wish you good health.

Stacy. It do somtimes happen, that one feel up and down, and it could be just stress, perhaps you need to take some time of an destress to feel better.

Moon

Hi Stacy, I think your ups and downs could indeed have something to do with changes in your life. Perhaps also because you started eating more healthy? Maybe you were used to eat candy and stuff like that when you felt sad and now your body has to get used to other ways of getting to feel better.
(About the crying, yes I have that too. Already trying to get rid of the crying for more than 20 years, but I guess it's not going to work :( So frustrating when people think you're just showing off while actually you try as hard as you can to hold back the tears but you just can't :mad:)

sstacy123

Moon, I hate it for you but I'm glad I'm not alone with the crying!

Yeah a lot of the problems I'm having now is due to what's going on with my boyfriend. :mad: A couple of other things, I may send a PM.

Venefica

Well I hope everything work out for the best and you Stacy and everyone of this forum become happy, for you deserve that for you are nice pepole.

miss_shimmy

Oksana,you sound burnt out and stressed,that could be why you are feeling so tired.
but obviously check with your dr that our pills are working,

how are you at handling stress?are you able to come away from it?dance it ut?
is there anythng you can do for yourself to make yourself feel better?

sounds mad but i love to change a room around,take very long baths,have a face pack night,
a huge dance,a good movie,or a few good movies,some art work,

basically finding an outlet for your stress/worry,a positive outlet is beneficial,as so often in life ,there are changes and sure enough you have to change along with that change.

you could walk differently,walk taller for the day,smile at yourself in the mirror,dress in something different,go somewhere different...
i don't know if this helps at all.

tears have to be cried,its our way of flushing bad feelings out,i remember crying myself numb on so many occasions.crying alone can feel awful,i hope you girls never feel alone.although we have never met in person,i care for each of us from the depths of my heart((hugs)).

i went to a gospel church yesterday,for the first time.i had been feeling a little tight in my heart,i lost my first born baby,and every now and then,i feel it like t was just yesterday.i am sort of used to it,but i am so glad me and finn went to that church,i sang my heart out up to the sky,each person in there were so spiritual,ther eyes closed,their voices carried,we danced and clapped,my eyes streamed with tears as it felt so right ...

so today i am feeling ever so much calmer,i cried alott last night,i was so relieved.i think i had needed it for a long time.

love to all

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sstacy123

Miss Shimmy I'm glad you're feeling better today. I know that pain will never go away but a good cry definately can help.

Thank you ladies for listening to my problems. You're all such a blessing! You definately have helped me feel a little less alone.

We had our hafla yesterday...when I watched one of the instructors dancing it really made me want to buckle down and get serious with my diet, exercise, and dance.

belly_dancer

(About the crying, yes I have that too. Already trying to get rid of the crying for more than 20 years, but I guess it's not going to work :( So frustrating when people think you're just showing off while actually you try as hard as you can to hold back the tears but you just can't :mad:)
grr, i know what you mean!!!!
hey moon... (& sstacy & all you other cryers out there!) I used to cry at the drop of a hat.... but probably when I reached around age 30... did not cry soo much anymore... (STILL cry when I watch the news.... when I read abt miss shimmy's loss, that kind of stuff..) but not anymore for instance when I get angry, or my guy is a jerk, etc!
but don't ever be embarrassed about how you are! revel in it!

what are your dance/fitness related goals today???

Moon

belly dancer said:
but not anymore for instance when I get angry, or my guy is a jerk, etc!
Those are exactly the moments when I start crying :mad:. I used to be able to watch sad movies and such without any problems though, but not anymore. Well I guess it's better this way, now I can just say I always get emotional very quickly ;)

My teacher gave us the choreo on paper last time, but I haven't practiced yet because stupid teacher of new course wants us to do a presentation already next friday about some article I didn't even chose myself, so now I have to read :( and can only play the music and imagine myself dancing. Well I guess that at least helps me to remember the choreo.

sstacy123

Ah teachers drive me crazy! Mine keeps giving us extra work on top of a million things already assigned and she wants it all TYPED...I mean c'mon!

Well I'm up really early this morning-for me at least, I should make use of it and get some extra practice...I have a lot of things I'd like to work on...hard to narrow it down...I want to go over my drum solo we learned, (i've continued practicing it because though I can do it I think it still needs smoothing out) but I'll only do that a couple of times and it is only 1:45 long...I want to practice my 3/4 shimmy...a little veil...some balance moves perhaps. My hips circles while walking...I just didn't look too graceful the other day in class with that...many things I need to practice.

Fitness my goal...hmm...well I'm not quite ready to get myself to the gym today...and can't tomorrow so I think my goal will be to go to the gym THURSDAY!

Diet goal for today...I will not drink any Mountain Dew today...erh...okay fine no soda today either...

Last edited:

sstacy123

Thank you Miss Shimmy, yours too although I guess your day is coming to an end by now

You know they always say you should have a new habit to replace emotional eating, like go for a walk or DANCE :) but I think it is hard when you're at work-at least when you can eat at your desk-which I can and I do. What can you replace eating with? I can't very well leave and go do something and I certainly can't dance at my desk:lol:

miss_shimmy

hi all

stacy,i replace food with callanetics and dance,
water and herbal tea.:)

good morning beautiful dancers,how is everyone today?I hope you are bright and well.
all is great here,did an hour of callanetics this morning,was a challenge as the kids had other ideas,but eventually i got there.

hows your eating ?

I am still with the food combining,its working great for me.
I am thinking of doing an instructional dvd for bellydance today,just not yet sure which one,I am thinking of egyptian style with hilary thacker.

hows your dvds venefica?

its great as i have a day at home today,the jewel of yorkshire is tis coming weekend,it will be my first time dancing in public,i am so exited.
looking forward to all of it,the travelling,the hotel,the workshops,hafla..performance,my partner keeps reminding me that all i have to do is enjoy and have fun...hmmm i think i can manage that..lol

i wish you girls were coming along too.

love to all

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moon

You could replace the unhealthy snacks you eat at your desk with fruits and such and a bottel of water?

I'm still reading the article I have to present :( It's quite difficult and it makes me stressed :mad:

Venefica

Hi

How are all my new frinds to day?

My DVDs are nice. I am taken a Norweegian Bellydance DVD, the first one made to dance to as I go to my mothers place to day, witch reminds me that I realy should pack and not sit here chatting online.

Have a wonderfuld ay you all.

belly_dancer

hey sstacy (& everybody!) hope all is well.... I replace food with MORE food!!!
but I TRY & make it healthier.... like LONG ago, I learned that for whatever reason, I am a pig!!! need great piles of food, all the time!!! so now, I eat great piles of broccoli with my hummus, instead of pitas, or chips....
I'll eat 3 huge bowls of soup instead of the soup & (higher calorie) sandwich combo...the only place I will exercise portion control, is with high calorie foods.... (just to become aware of reality! "you mean there are 300 calories in 1/2 cup of icecream!.... see how little it is!!!") & I also like to "trick" myself & take small portions so I can ALWAYS go back for seconds.... & for those rare times that I don't (go back for seconds..) .... where's my icecream scoop!!:D
seriously.. sounds stupid & corny,,, but my "tricks" work (lost 18 lbs since new years!) I think cause I go with my piggy "nature" instead of trying to be somebody I am not (a bird like eater!).. so the secret, I think, is to figure out what works for YOU! & don't worry what others say!.. like .... know I'll burn in Hell for this true confession.... but I don't eat breakfast!!!:shok: EVER... (unless I have gone without dinner the night before, then I am hungry & will eat!)... my "energy" time is abt 11am to 11pm... even though have to be up by 7.... (kids in school thing.. ugh!)
my workday is usually noon - 8 or 9pm so dinner is usually 9 or 10.... so I do not need breakfast so early as someone who dinner at 5 or 6.... (& I do have LOTS o' cream in my coffee, or a big latte for the school trauma!).. anyhow I am old & have pretty much been like this my whole life... & I tend to gain weight when I eat breakfast.... & I am not usually hungry then anyhow!!!!
My perfectly proportioned daughter is probably the only person I know who eats ONLY when she is hungry.... which of course is a great tip.... however, don't know HOW TO pull that one off... some people recommend keeping a food journal, where you record not just WHAT, but WHY you eat (your emotional state... angry, sad, bored, etc... ) & based on what emotions you discover to trigger you to come up with a different distraction to replace the food.... (can you get up & take a vigorous walk around the building when you feel like munching at your desk...??)
oh well THIS is what I am replacing food with at the moment (I eat to avoid work!!!!) so REALLY MUST work now!!!!

sstacy123

Yeah, that might be my best option, replace food with food! I might could get away with a quick walk but I do tend to goof off so much (like I am now) I feel bad being away from my desk too much

I got a message saying the veil I ordered would take 6 weeks before it came in:( My veil class will be over by then! Of course I'm sure I will still need it for the future but it would be nice to have it before then. I told them to cancel the order...I guess I'll go search for another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.