Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabi

Miss Shimmy and anyone else interested.

I have a DVD I highly recommend but don't take my word for it check out a very good clip YouTube - Contemporary Bellydance & Yoga Conditioning with Ariellah
I'm sorry, I haven't had time to figure out how to link *Oy*.

My dancers litany

* i love to dance,I love to sing,it is very natural for me
* i am a great dancer and singer
* i always think and talk positively
* i expect to feel pressure and thats ok as i can handle it
* i am confident,relaxed and focused when i dance and sing
* i always work my hardest with each day and each session
* i will be the best dancer i can be,the best singer i can be
* i am grateful of my body and treat it with upmost respect and gratitude

Babylonia

Moon, you are very lovely! :D

Miss Shimmy! How wonderful your performance must have been! I'm waiting to hear all about it.

Well, I am still recovering. Although I can breathe freely the antibiotics made me very ill, the cure is worse than the illness, I am on the mend. I'll be taking it easy and I'll have to build up my energy for dance slowly. I miss it.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

KuteNurse

Dancing on your own music, isn't that the coolest thing?

I have a horrible voice though, no dance will even make that sound right :lol:

Today I got some pictures of the performance, I thought I'd post them here. They might look a little strange because I cut off the other dancers and the photographer mostly made pictures when we were doing slow movements so it might look as if I'm standing still, but I hope you'll still like them:

Nice pictures Moon! I have to tell you that you look almostly exactly like my friend Carey who will be taking BD class with me starting tomorrow. They say everyone has a twin. Thankyou for sharing your dance pictures.:)

KuteNurse

Hi, I hope everyone is having a wonderful week.
Well, I returned from my beach vacation very ill. I thik the hotel had mold that triggered my asthma. It started of with a little congestion and by Saturday night I had a full blown asthma attack. There were a few seconds where I couldn't catch my breath and I had my husband take me to the ER. So I spent Easter Sunday and Monday in the hospital. :( I'm home now and on meds and my family is taking good care of me.
Although it was almost impossible to get any rest at the hospital getting poked and prodded I'd like to say that the nurses were wondeful. The doctors might get all the money and adulation but these women are what makes it all work and they do all the work.:clap:
Well, I must go and I'll just dream of dancing for now. Love to all.:)

Oh No! There is nothing worse than an asthma attack! I know from personal experience. I have mild-moderate asthma myself that is triggered by allergens in late summer or by stress. Did you know that some hotels do not have proper ventilation and the air they recirculate has bacteria. My husband's uncle died from it! Lijanaire's disease? I can't remember the spelling right now. How terrible for you Babylonia and I am glad you are feeling better.

A couple of other important points about asthma: even mild asthma can have deadly effects. If you asthma is not properly treated, even mild, you can have a life threatening attack or even death. A 21 year old man had mild asthma, he was being treated for it. He stopped taking the medication because he felt better and he went outside, something triggered his asthma and he had a full blown attack. Unfortunately, treatment was 20 minutes away and by the time help arrived, he had already passed away. Asthma is a very serious disease that needs constant treatment and medical attention. If someone you know has asthma, no matter how severe, learn what to do in case of a medical emergency so you can help them out. If anyone would like more information about asthma, let me know and I can get you the information.

charity

babylonia, did your husband contact the hotel to notify them of your condition? even though you have asthma, i would think the hotel would be responsible for keeping mold down to a minimal. i used to be a maid at days inn and out of the 6 months that i was there, never ONCE did we clean out the air vents or curtains or lamp shades. arent these the optimal places for mold/mildew to grow?:mad:

well thats terrible i hope you get to new soon.

gabi
i was thinking about gettting that dvd, but i have 6 instructional dvds. do you think one more is too much?

do you watch fittv? there is a great namaste yoga show, i got the sunbird routine recorded to vhs this morning, its ideal for lengthening the back and abdominals. i have not tried it yet. ..

Moon

asthma sounds horrible! I remember a situation in high school when we had to work seriously in class while we could hear a girl from another group have an asthma attack in the bathroom. She was coughing and crying and screaming for help and all her classmates and teachers were there to give advices and it felt like it took hours before someone decided to call an ambulance... It was so horrible, I can't even imagine how horrible it must be to go through it yourself. I'm glad you're doing better now, Babylonia.

Kutenurse, I look like your friend? Lol, that's funny!

sstacy123

i was thinking about gettting that dvd, but i have 6 instructional dvds. do you think one more is too much?

No it's not too much!...I have 15 instructional (and 1 documentary, 1 performance) and I would probably be buying it myself but I have now booked my trip to Egypt and have to pay my dentist bill where I had my wisdom teeth out, plus a new six weeks of classes to pay for...so I have to stop spending for a while till I get some of it paid off...:(

KuteNurse

asthma sounds horrible! I remember a situation in high school when we had to work seriously in class while we could hear a girl from another group have an asthma attack in the bathroom. She was coughing and crying and screaming for help and all her classmates and teachers were there to give advices and it felt like it took hours before someone decided to call an ambulance... It was so horrible, I can't even imagine how horrible it must be to go through it yourself. I'm glad you're doing better now, Babylonia.

Kutenurse, I look like your friend? Lol, that's funny!

YES!!!! You really do! Her name is Carey. I do not have any pictures of her but you know what they say...Everyone out there has a twin somewhere.

Asthma is not a fun disease to have or to live with and there is nothing worse than not being able to breath. I hope that girl turned out ok.

Moon

I hope so too. Years ago, my sister had a class mate and she had to quit her studies because the air in the old school building gave her terrible astma and they wouldn't give her permission to use another room :(

miss_shimmy

well the performance was amazing.
lets look at first my performance.

* I was able to dance and sing at the same time with ease and enjoyment.
* my movements flowed realy nicely
* the audience loved it
* Lumi gave me great words of encouragement,which was a great lift.

when I had finished my performances there was some jamming and I could not stop dancing,it was amazing.
so I am now on a bigger mission,my journey on the way,there and back was amazing.on the way back i met martin,he works for one of my fave tv shows,one i have not seen a while,but he reminded me that in my dream journal one of my goals is to go on there..so thats my goal,my focus ,my destiny.

goal:

* to perform on tv show

I will perform to my highest ability ,my highest emotion,I will make my music visible.

action plan

* keep my goal in daily focus.
* visualise my results.

morning - yoga
afternoon - dance
evening - callanetics

I am so exited,I hold onto that eureka moment,when I knew what my next goal,my next achievment will be.Lord I thankyou for this happy day,I thankyou for the faith you enrich my soul with each and every day,in each and everyway.Life is amazing and I am so exited about everything,Ifeel like a little girl again,full of wonder and exitment.

ok day,ready or not here i come...he he he

Moon

:clap: congratulations miss Shimmy! Dancing and singing at the same time, wow! I hope you will reach your goal, hugs :)

miss_shimmy

well not many piks were taken I am afraid as the venue was candle lit,thankx for your sweet messages girls,you make me smile so much!

me and organiser on our way to venue,pik taken beside the thames:

you know on my london journey i took with me my dance book.
it talked about slumps and how to avoid them,it spoke about how important days off are.so today I had a day off as my late nights caught up with me...oops!!!lol
I spoke with my sister alott last night,we are so enjoying this journey together and although she is in usa and i am here in uk,dance makes us feel so very spiritually close..yey!!!!!

so todays goal is to keep my vision in mind,to do :

* 15 minutes callan before bed.

I must admit my arm movements come in waves throughout the day,and today my fingers have joined in and got much more expressive.which is awesome,i am going with that!
and my belly occasionally undulates without me realy thinking about it...how kool is that!!!!

miss_shimmy

well last night i did callanetics followed by some tribal combos,my body for sure is thanking me today..ha ha!!!

same again for today,:

* 15 mins callanetics
* tribal combos.

I am not to miss a day of combos for the next three months,I realy need to get the belly isolations/undulations/rolls as well as i can get them.so they come naturally.I love doing them as part of a combo,awesome.

happy dancing sweet dancers :)

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sstacy123

Oh, where in the US is she Miss Shimmy?

Well my group performance is tonight...I feel a lot better about it than a week ago but I'm terribly frustrated by the fact that in the choreo you drop the veil to the floor and step over it and then flip it over your head...well when I try to flip the veil I also flip my skirt...:shok: I have practiced and practiced that and had it down to where the skirt only flipped about half the time but today I practiced and it flipped almost everytime...grrr...the bd community already struggles with the dance being confused with exotic, don't want to make it worse showing my bum...but I haven't been practicing with my hip scarf on so perhaps that will keep it from coming up too high?

Moon

Nice pic miss Shimmy, looks like you had some nice weather :)
When do you have the callenetics "exam"?

Sstacy, I guess a hip scarf will help some, but are you the only one with the problem? Maybe you can watch/ask why the others don't seem the have that problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.