Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon

Guess you're right Sedonia, but I think humans evolved too (not that I'm saying the diet is unhealthy, Scimitar Moon explained it and I was just curious cause I get digestion problems if I don't eat bread in the morning or if brown bread is nowhere to be found ;))

The first humans ate also raw meat, but that's concidered unhealthy now or even dangerous.

miss_shimmy

hi all

hi girls,how you all doing today?

I must admit I eat alott less bread than I used to eat.

anyway,my routine at the moment,realy happy with it,in a morning i am doing 20 inutes of callan,15 mins with racheal,and then just dancing to music of my choice,in an evening I am doing full session with racheal and then dancing freely to music of my choice.

I noticed today that my posture is realy improving so much.:)

yours in dance:cool:

Scimitar_Moon

Sedonia and Moon:

Basically, in terms of evolution: more carbs + less physical activity = increased average weight

No doubt we have evolved along with our diet, but just because we've adapted to something doesn't mean it's ideal for us.

Also, everyone's body responds differently. I've been on several diets, and my body responds best to the lean protein/vegetables combination. Some people are the opposite, and they do better with a more vegan diet.

That's make makes it hard to select one superior diet that is ideal for everyone, because there's no such thing. It's all about trial and error (within the limits of foods that are known to be healthy).

~Elena

miss_shimmy

so far so amazing

hey alipies,congrats on the weightloss!!!well done girl.

ok,these pants are a size 12,so,from a 22 to a 12...not bad eh!!!I am feeling focused and unstoppable...watch me shrink!!!he he he

today I made myself a new rota.
it goes like this:

* saturday - supercallanetics
* sunday - dance with racheal
* monday - dance with racheal
* tuesday - supercallanetics
* wednesday - dance with racheal
* thursday - super callanetics
* friday - dance with racheal
* saturday - supercallanetics.

thats a realistic achievable routine for me.I am ready!today I am going through all my clothes that are too small and setting them out ready to fit into them...not long now!!!

I feelo so brave posting these piks!:blush:

miss_shimmy

:)

thankx so much babylonia,its funny isnt it as some days it feels closer than others!I am just printing out some of my favourite dancer pikkies to put up on my wall,to remind me each day where I am heading!

Mair

So yesterday I was just around the house, and I was wondering why my once snug-fitting jeans had been sagging around my thighs and hips all day. I was seriously confused when it hit me- there wasn't anything wrong with my jeans, but my legs and hips (and butt) are getting smaller! Seeing tangible results was just such a great feeling. I'm so motivated, I can't wait to hit my goal (to drop 2 dress sizes). I'm well on my way! :D

Psst, Miss Shimmy, great job! Dropping from a 22 to a 12 is p.r.e.t.t.y impressive. ;)

Scimitar_Moon

So, I weighed myself today...

-12 pounds!!! YaY! :D

Oh, here's a pic of me performing last weekend:

miss_shimmy

Hi ladies

how lovely to hear from you mair,great job with the jeans..what an amazing feeling that is eh!!!:)

How often are you excercising/dancing?

on saturday I did supercallanetics,and then last night I only fit in 20 minutes of power abs yoga zone,so glad I did though,realy enjoyed it,today I will be dancing...yey!!!:)

Scimtar moon,what you are doing is working for you isnt it,you are so radiant and beautiful,thankyou so much for sharing that picture,its beautiful.

how often are you dancing/excercising?
how is the new diet going?

My origonal camera gave up on me,I have new phone,I will post more piks soon...am feeling brave again!!!he he he

love and smiles to all

Scimitar_Moon

Thanks miss shimmy!

I take a one-hour class and then rehearse for 2 hours on Wednesdays; rehearse for ~3 hours on Saturday, and teach Beginners on Sunday for one hour.

On top of that I dance at home whenever I can, do 15-minute sets of weights in front of the TV a couple times a week, and if I have time, I go to the gym and run.

Also, my school is really big, so it takes me 10-15 minutes to get from one class to the other.

The diet is going well, I've "cheated" a few times, but I get back on my feet and keep going. It's worth it!

~Elena

miss_shimmy

Hi Elena

thats alott of dancing,plus you are watching what you eat,I think with eating,as long as you are aware of what you are eating,then all is well.

I practised some dance and yoga last night,rrealy enjoyed it.
next callan session is tomorrow,I look forward to it already.

love to all xx

sweet.kane

ok ok, i am a virgin to all of this but already i feel i may enjoy. Av only just started to belly dance and i think its hard but i want to get to that freedom that you feel when dancing and damn it i will feel that freedom. Am only five two myself one day am goingt o feel six feet!

AliPies

I'm almost a pants size down. For awhile I've had to take my jeans out of the washer and stretch the waist out and let them hang dry so they're all stretched. But now I can wear them straight out of the dryer :) It's so nice to wear toasty warm jeans! I've noticed my tummy is alot flatter in front. Rather than just being round all over. It's neat :) My schedule is usually Rachel Brice, Fat Chance Belly Dance, and some Callanetics one day, then take the next day off, then the all of those the day after. Fun fun fun. Maybe I'll take pictures one of these days :)
Miss Shimmy: How much harder is Super Callanetics?? Looking AMAZING by the way!!
Scimitar Moon: Gorgeous!
Great job everybody!!!!

miss_shimmy

Pikky Time!!!

hi there girls!!How lovely of you to post here.

heres updates on me!

ok ok, i am a virgin to all of this but already i feel i may enjoy. Av only just started to belly dance and i think its hard but i want to get to that freedom that you feel when dancing and damn it i will feel that freedom. Am only five two myself one day am goingt o feel six feet!

hi sweetkeane ,you have the right attitude and it will show in your dance,be patient with yourself,it will come,I cannot wait to read of your progress,keep me posted won't you?

ah alipies,you have simular routine to me!!!yey!!:) how many hours of callan have you done now?
supercallanetics,yes its harder,more variations,it burns baby!!!!but its also very satisfying if you feel ready to step up onto that next level.
callan says that you need to have done at least ten hours of normal,and i would agree.
let me know how ya go!:) :)

okies...off to bed for me after an hour of supercallan.

goodnight for now,happy dancing xxxx

miss_shimmy

update is here

hi Ali!!well done,you are noticing the differences..awesome!!it realy helps towards your dance doesnt it?

well I am relieved to have done my hour of callan and then followed my 15 mins with rachel,sure I had to push through it,and I visioned all the reaons why.
I could hear people saying positive things about my weight loss and such,its all good!!
I have a major runny nose and the sneezes,made excercise extra fun...LOL.

I did ok,I have to share that tonight,my collar bone,its starting to take shape,I remember chatting to this lady who was a dancer years ago,and ALWAYS WAS AMAZED BY HER COLLAR BONE,HOW SHAPELY IT WAS,YES i KNow I am but strange,I just noticed caps were on and I am too lazy to go back and correct it!ha ha!

so yes arms are getting shapely,and i HAD the most amazing vision of me being all muscular and amazing,even my face has changed,I look like a different person,I keep looking in the morror,not outta vanity,just to see ..wow its me,i am back,where did I go,gewez that was a long journey I almost got lost out there!!

ha ha!!!

Last edited:

AliPies

:D It sure does :) Ahhh. The yoga gets so tiring! That locust pose kills me! Oh I'm sure the sneezing helps, haha. That's not so strange about the collar bone, they're neat. I have little tiny collar bumps, haha, not much to be proud of, but someday... I remember reading in a magazine about people putting body glitter on their collar bones to play them up.
That's neat about your face changing too :) I've noticed mine change a little bit too. I love little suprise things like that :D

gwinity

That's so awesome, Miss Shimmy - congrats! And collarbones aren't so strange... they can look really elegant.

I haven't noticed much of a difference in clothing sizes (because I only really dance for 2 1/2 hours a week, on average), but I have noticed an all-over toning of the body. Goodbye cellulite, hello abs! My arms are stronger, too, and I feel like I have better posture, more confidence and walk with more grace. It's slow, but it's steady, and I'm happy with it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.