Thread: Lead-free kohl

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lead-free kohl

I love the look of kohl, and I've been looking to buy some. When I was looking, I found a report from the FDA saying that some kohl contains lead. The brand I was looking at (Hashmi) claims to be 100% lead free, but according to the FDA report, it's more than 50% lead. I'd really rather not take the chance, and the FDA conveniently didn't mention where lead-free kohl could be obtained (the report did say some samples tested lead-free). Does anyone know where I can find some?

Thanks
    <3Mair
    Last edited by Mair; 08-05-2006 at 10:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about *actual* kohl, but if you want that look without having to worry about lead, you can get one of the kohl eyeliner pencils. MAC makes one called Eye Kohls and Stila makes one called Kajal Eye Pencils.

Check 'em out!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi x
    I sometimes use the real maccoy ! - khol from the mountains that you put on your eyes with a small stick and it can produce some really beautiful 'smokey' effects....however.....to be completely honest with you, you can get just as good effects from your normal everyday average black eyeliner as Makeda says. x