Official Coffee Party Thread

coffee party

not in the slightest bit late. as i hand you a cutting board and bread knife and a ladle for the chocolate sauce... will we be good with the chocolate sauce or should we hand out bowls.

Kharmine

Yow! How'd I miss this 'til now!

I have to stay low carbs so.... my contribution is a big platter of pork rinds, extra crispy, with guacomole dip. Heavy whipping cream and Splenda for the coffee.

Shanazel

Pork rinds??? Lord, girl, and you aren't even from the South. Must be the influence of all those folks who arrived in California from the DustBowl in the 1930s.

Shanazel

It is too hot in my office for any drink that doesn't have ice in it. The fan is gradually stirring the air into something that approaches breathable and I have the window open. Have to be careful about that window- pigeons have been know to wander in. I'm not crazy about being innured in an air conditioned box all day, but once in a while, some cool air would be welcome.

Kharmine

It is too hot in my office for any drink that doesn't have ice in it. The fan is gradually stirring the air into something that approaches breathable and I have the window open. Have to be careful about that window- pigeons have been know to wander in. I'm not crazy about being innured in an air conditioned box all day, but once in a while, some cool air would be welcome.

Iced coffee, yum! Get yerself a little French press and you can make it at work!

For that, I'd pair it with maybe some fruit, cut up into bits, and yogurt.

Shanazel

Woh, and Shanazel would fly like a bird around the office herself- no pigeons needed. Afraid I need something with a little less caffeine! Fruit and yohurt sounds good though. A friend made lunch yesterday, including a green salad with mandarin oranges, raspberries and spice walnuts. Mmmmm.

gisela

Super Moderator
That salad sounds like a treat.
Another salad I like, it goes perfect with grilled meat or fish, is:
Watermelon (chilled) cut in big cubes, feta cheese, ruccola leafs and roasted seeds (melon-, pine- or sunflower-)
It is SO GOOD on hot summer days when a big meal is the least you want.

I just had some coffee even though it is quite late at night. I have to do some work anyway so I figured I could risk a bit of insomnia tonight.
Sometimes the best is just a plain cup of nice strong black coffee, no sugar or milk.
love it :D

oh and, haha, I had a completely dried up cinnamon roll with the coffee, i mean it, it was totally crunchy :lol:

Last edited: