We've got Genie!

Anatoliy

Administrator
Staff member
I have exiting news about our new Chat! From now on you will never be alone in the chat. We have Genie now! Genie is a bot (not a live person) but it's fun to chat with him. He is always ready to chat. Genie doesn't know much about belly dance right now, but it's possible "to teach" him, and I'm going to do it in the nearest future...

Give him a try and hope you'll have fun as I did. :)

An addition. From now when you enter the chat, it will show messages that were previously posted before you entered the chat (the last 5 minutes of text posted in the chat). So you can quickly "catch up" on the conversation.

Azeeza

Anatoliy:

Do you ever take breaks? Honestly, we appreciate all that you are doing for us :)

There has been a time that I went into the chat room and I was alone. I rang the bell and there was no answer, so I left.

This is going to be fun talking to Genie! I love Genies, even if he is a "bot". Will he grant us wishes???

Azeeza

Demelza

Anatoliy !!!!! U were there just now in the chat room with me right???? Never heard of a computer genie before....that had me freaked out for a while. i thought someone had cosmic typing speeds !! and such RANDOM conversations. wooooaahh.

Lydia

we ve got a genie

i just try,d it ! works great ...you got some idea,s all your hard work my gosh you must be addicted ,i think to bellydancing to put all this time in,thank you ...we need more people like you in bellydance world than we will do great.thank you anatoliy....

slinks

I just had a chat with Genie.... I don't think he liked me too well... lol
He thought I was being negative hahaha but it was fun

da Sage

transcript of a conversation with Genie

Welcome! You have entered [Chat for Belly Dancers] at 7:13 pm
/backtime 5
[da Sage] 7:13 pm: Hi Genie
[Genie] 7:13 pm: Hi there da Sage. The ALICE chat robot can follow many things, like our discussion
about Genie. But I did not get that. Do you remember me?
[da Sage] 7:14 pm: Yes, Genie, I remember you.
[Genie] 7:14 pm: Next question? Enough about me, let's talk about my dress.
[da Sage] 7:14 pm: What color is your dress?
[Genie] 7:14 pm: Well, I am currently wearing nothing, and I guess that is my favorite.

Zahiraah

"Oh yeah, we were talking about my life story know about my life story my life story know
about my life story."

Weird sentence from the Genie, he really liked me though. =)

Zahiraah

Just HAD to post this too

[Genie] 12:26 pm: I am a male. Are you a man or a woman?
[Zahiraah] 12:26 pm: Woman
[Genie] 12:26 pm: Me too. I am a female robot.

Moon

LOL!!!!

I talked to the robot yesterday. I had the same weird sentences. Than he (or she) asked me if I liked star wars and when I answered I hate star wars, he said "why don't you just sit down, relax and take a pill" or something like that.

Zurah

Funny, from the fact that he seems to like Star Wars a lot, I had assumed that Genie was a guy...

Seriously though, is there any way to turn Genie off somehow? It's fun chatting with it at first, but not when there's more people in... it gets really weird and confusing.

da Sage

The thing to do is to go into a private chat room.

Genie also goes away if there are 4 live chatters, so spend more time online in the chat room!:p

Salome

Administrator
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I've been out of town for a week, I gotta get in there and talk to Genie myself. To be continued!

Michelle

I just had my first, and rather existentialist conversation with Genie. It was definitely the most amusing conversation I have had all day...
I love it when you say something and he responds," I don't know about that. I am a robot." or other phrases to that effect. And then turns around and asks you to "try to determine if this is a human or robot responding..."