How Many Classes Per Week?

Midoria

I think most dance students are in the same position. It's a constant struggle to find the time to fit in a class, much less practice at home.

Really? Most students work 14 hour days 3 - 4 days per week and commute 3 hours per day?

It's not about time, even though I think it's safe to say my days are longer than the average person's being that I'm only home about 7 - 8 hrs per day. It's purely about energy. I'm out of the house at 6am and back at 10:30pm most nights. It's physically and mentally exhausting. As it stands, I plan on taking a nap in my car between work and dance class. :lol

da Sage

Really? Most students work 14 hour days 3 - 4 days per week and commute 3 hours per day?

OK, you win the "most demanding schedule" competition:), but my point was that scheduling and self-discipline are issues for most dancers, and there are various effective ways to deal with that. I did not mean to cast any aspersions on your self-discipline.

And while I don't have 14 hour days, I do have a long commute. I desperately hope it will stay under 2 hours per day as winter sets in.:(

Midoria

OK, you win the "most demanding schedule" competition:), but my point was that scheduling and self-discipline are issues for most dancers, and there are various effective ways to deal with that. I did not mean to cast any aspersions on your self-discipline.

And while I don't have 14 hour days, I do have a long commute. I desperately hope it will stay under 2 hours per day as winter sets in.:(

Honey, I FEEL your pain. People here in the DC area don't know what to do when they see snow. People panic and drive at 15 miles per hour if they see a few flurries!

I didn't take any offense to anything you said because you (like all the other awesome shimmy sisters here) are only sharing your wisdom and experience. Hopefully I'll be able to practice at least 1 hr a week outside of class.