Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. I just want to be 'another dancer'.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I just thought it would be fun. I didn't want anyone to think I specifically meant either or. I'll watch my words next time.

-Brea

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brea,i am sure you did not mean anything wrong dont worry we are all a big dancefamily.......and i still think its a great idea that we must think about cool!!!!!have a nice day

Post Thanks / Like

Great idea Brea !!!
    We could also have workshops, so here we are organizing the first OrientalDancer Festival????? Love the idea !!!
    I'm in, in any case, even to travel for this.
    Sharing our knowledge for all, with all the love we have for the dance.

Maria Aya

Post Thanks / Like

i think it's a beautiful idea even if not necessarily a practical one. i would love the opportunity to meet and dance and work with every single one of you here, professional and student alike.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Yes I wasn't sure how practical it would be or where we could hold such a thing but I would definitely be very willing to travel (especially if it is to somewhere warm!) I suppose one of us would have to find a venue and then see who wanted to perform there?
    Last edited by Brea; 03-26-2008 at 04:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I could give a mini-workshop called "When Good Veils Go Bad: Conquering Veil-Phobia"!

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL Zorba that would be awesome.

-Brea

Post Thanks / Like

It could be a traveling event. So one year in one location, another in the next, so everyone shares the burden of travel at one time or another.

And yes, Brea, we know you didn't mean to consciously single out men as special. And A'isha, I am completely with you on that. I can't help but roll my eyes at the way women act around the male dancers. I left the room at Rakkassah more than once when the women were acting like complete whooping idiots just because a man was dancing. Like Chippendale whooping. ICK!

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like any of the disrespect to male dancers, either. I am proud of all dancers, of both genders...I am happy to see that the dance is embraced by so many. I take it very seriously.

TribalDancer, I like your idea!! I have a thought. I write for Hawai'i Belly Dancer Magazine...perhaps we could set up the first show in Honolulu? That's the only connection I really have, until I become more established where I am living now.

Hard to say, though...Honolulu is in a weird out of the way sort of place. Any suggestions about where such an event might be held?
    Last edited by Brea; 03-26-2008 at 04:48 AM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast