Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

sure i can !! no problem!
    Have a nice day...lydia

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohhh that would be FANTASTIC! For all of us to dance in Dubai!! Still, we must find out who is willing to go. Anyone who is willing to go, respond to this post and say 'Aye'!

I am quite serious about this; I think it would make a fascinating show!
    Last edited by Brea; 03-26-2008 at 04:48 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

AYE-men to that!!! I am soo coming to this festival. Haven't traveled far in ages and to combine it with dance makes it amazing!
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

I still think we should start with a poll of where people are from, and have the first one in the most accessible place for the most attendees. Don't want the first one to start off as a whimper because we picked an awesome place, but nobody could come!

Post Thanks / Like

I sure would LIKE to come, but I don't know if that's possible, aaagh

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dance etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TribalDancer View Post
    I still think we should start with a poll of where people are from, and have the first one in the most accessible place for the most attendees. Don't want the first one to start off as a whimper because we picked an awesome place, but nobody could come!

Dear Gang,
    I am in agreement with Sharon on this.
    Regards,
    A'isha

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with A'isha and TribalDancer (who I assume is Sharon). As exciting as Dubai would be, or Greece, or Hawai'i, or whatever...yes, let's find out what is the easiest for everyone. As I said before, I specialize in budget travel so I can help out a lot with that. Funding is a concern, however, as far as renting space, advertising said festival, getting vendors, and all that fun stuff. Plus of course...payment of the dancers. I have never done anything quite like this before but I have planned several Burns Nights, and they can be exhausting! Those of you who are interested in coming, and those of you interested in coming to dance, please let us know and also list where you think would be the easiest. I am currently located in the Midwest but I may very soon be returning to Hawai'i, so I will probably be there already, I have belly dance and other connections there, and I know how to get airfares there cheap ($300 RT from Minneapolis sound good to you?) Another option for me is Scotland, which is centrally located and as I understand it, London is the world's travel hub so it is usually reasonable to get there, especially for those already in the EU. God bless RyanAir and Easyjet!

Any advice as to how to structure all this would be great, as far as funding and housing, who pays for what, etc.
    Last edited by Brea; 03-26-2008 at 04:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

perhaps we start at your place Brea,its your idea... than for the 2nd time around we can vote like the poeple that attend for the first one can vote where the 2nd one will be.....because there all plenty members that say yes its good idea but when push come to .....then can not come ....So perhaps if we do it like this then poeple that are serieus about it have a saying in where it will be next time,because where ever it will be its always far for some of us because we come from all corners of the world,so it will be always inconvenient for some...but if you realy want to do something like that give it your 100 % .try hard and you can do it ...and i dont know where you are brea i did not look at your profile yet,but i can say i will come where ever you are for the first one......have a nice day everybody,Lydia

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in Trinidad - that's at the very end of the Caribbean Archipelago. Just off the coast of Venezuela. I'm not sure if i'd be able to afford ANY of these places, but i'll sure as hell try my darnedest to get wherever you guys decide on!

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooooh Mya I have always wanted to go to Trinidad! Some amazing steel drum players there.

Well Lydia may be right. I will be in Honolulu starting in January, which is the place where I have the most connections. I am willing to throw myself into this project body and soul but I would really like to know who can come...if we do it this year in Honolulu and make it an annual thing then we can host it in a different spot each year. This year I could host it, next year maybe Lydia, etc? Please let me know also what kind of a title you think this event should have, and how to compensate the performers? I will see if I can pull some strings and get us places to stay and suchlike. I am willing to solidly say Honolulu and work from there, if that sounds good to others. Believe me, Hawai'i is wonderful, and as a local (and once a professional tour guide) I can provide a good deal of information and fun about the location!
    Last edited by Brea; 03-26-2008 at 04:49 AM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast