Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I teach in the boon docks of alaska so the only time I can travel, is the very end of May,June and most of July. the reality is that mid june to almost the end of July is the best time for me. if you all do this and find a place, I will be there. Travelling to and from Alaska is a challange and costs no matter where I go so I'll do it because I'd love to meet any and all of you I can. I'd also love to take lessons from all you teachers.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I am glad to hear it teela! As I said, I am totally willing to host the performance in Honolulu, and can pretty much guarantee an audience! Hawaiians love to watch dancing of all kinds. So let me know and I will get the ball rolling.

-Brea Morgiane

Post Thanks / Like

i'm 80% in for honolulu! once i can start to average prices (the exchange rate is 6TTD:1US!) and it falls on a weekend. I'll have to be saving from now.
    oh btw brea sweetie in Trinidad, home of the instrument - it's called the steel pan, not the steel drum :P only tourists say that!

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Mya-

Oh thanks! I didn't realize that (or that it was where it was invented!) My bf works with a reggae band and I have always loved calypso and Jimmy Buffett (from whence came the information about Trinidad, actually; he says that the steel pan playing is the best and was lucky enough to perform with a group from Trinidad)...

You wouldn't believe the kinds of things tourists think about Hawai'i too.

Everyone who has been interested in this idea of a performance please reply and I will get started on event planning right away. Again- a name for the event? Time of year? Should it be this year coming up?

-Brea Morgiane

Post Thanks / Like

oh - if you like calypso and soca you should pm me a mailing addy and i'll send you some =)

as for the naming - maybe something that reflects or includes the forum name (with salome's permission of course) since it's all dancers from here?

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...I like the idea of something relating to the forum but I am not sure how classy anything with 'forum' or .net in it will sound.

Salome, are you out there? What do you think? Maybe I should PM her. And yes, yes! Send me calypso! Yay!

It is entirely the fault of The Beach Boys, Jimmy Buffett, and Harry Belafonte that I did not want to be from Minnesota even when I was five years old.

-Brea Morgiane

Post Thanks / Like

Default good idea

Oh, I love this idea!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds neat. I'm moving from Minneapolis to North Carolina in January to go to grad school, so I'm not sure what I'd be able to afford....but I'd totally be game to share a hotel with some folks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brea View Post
    It is entirely the fault of The Beach Boys, Jimmy Buffett, and Harry Belafonte that I did not want to be from Minnesota even when I was five years old.

-Brea Morgiane
    Hi Brea,

I'm curious...are you originally from Minnesota?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in for Honolulu also !!! just give me alot of time notice, and nothing to have sceduled same dates, and i'll start saving for the tickets !!! just checked and from Greece go and return is: 1.800 EURO !!! snif
    any way i'm in (and bellynuts lol)

maria aya