Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Costume smells

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you are dedicated....can we have pictures of this costume that is demanding all of this attention? You definitely have my curiosity aroused!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the costume defintely smells much better, although the smell isn't completely gone.

The crystals have shine up quite a bit too. I wonder if there was an awful smelly coating on the beads and sequins and crystals that made it stinky.

Should I soak it a second time to get more smell and coating off? I did notice some tiny sparkles in the rinse water before I hung the set up to dry.

Any suggestions?

Azeeza

Post Thanks / Like

A very good solution is apple vineger, it doesn't make the fabrics loose color and kills all kind of bad smells, you can pour some in a container and leave the costume for some hours and then wash it with soft soap. Belive it works, my mother (mother of a hyperactive girl) testifies it

Post Thanks / Like

Those are all great suggestions. I would dry it in the sun in addition to the other ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Oooh, THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Is'adZahira View Post
    A very good solution is apple vineger, it doesn't make the fabrics loose color and kills all kind of bad smells, you can pour some in a container and leave the costume for some hours and then wash it with soft soap. Belive it works, my mother (mother of a hyperactive girl) testifies it
    Thank you so much for the idea. I may have to see if I can find apple vinegar at my local grocery store.

The smell is still on the costume, only not nearly as bad. I might be able to wear it now, where as before there was no way I was getting anywhere near it.

If I do the apple vinegar, I'll post how it turned out. But, for now, I'm going to see if I can live with it.

Thanks again,

Azeeza

Post Thanks / Like

Got the END BAC a few days ago. Sprayed the costume four times, used half the can and I just used it again to "wipe" the costume down.

It doesn't smell when you walk past it now, THANKFULLY! But, it still has this queer "fragrance" to it when you touch it.

I wonder if it is coming from the metallic beads that are interlaced with the glass beads?

At least now it's 100% better than it was. Not perfect, but acceptable!

Azeeza

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to know your costume was salvageable.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed last night that the sequins have lost their luster from the END BAC. The glass beads are fine as are the crystals.

Luckily for me, I only saw the worst damage along the edges of the bra, belt and skirt, so I won't have to replace all of them, just the straps and under the arms and possibly along the top and bottom edges of the bra, belt, and cut outs along the sides of the skirt.

More work for me, but at least now I can wear it where as before there was no "stinking" way I could.

Azeeza

Post Thanks / Like

Did the End Bac actually destroy the surface of the sequins, or is the the kind of thing where perhaps you can shine them up? You might have success shining up sequins with clear fingernail polish or clear acylic paint, but I'd try either substance first on a single sequin to make sure it doesn't eat them up.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Did the End Bac actually destroy the surface of the sequins, or is the the kind of thing where perhaps you can shine them up? You might have success shining up sequins with clear fingernail polish or clear acylic paint, but I'd try either substance first on a single sequin to make sure it doesn't eat them up.
    I checked the sequins and found that the decorated surface is lifting from the plastic. I guess I destroyed the sequins that are around the edges with END BAC .

Azeeza

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast