Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Costume smells

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nightdancer View Post
    Yay!! There are US based ones, too!! Emailing right now Shan, there is one in Fort Collins

Well, should I ever do anything except gently glow and emit the aroma of roses and violets, I will surely look it up.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

It's been about a week and I've been waiting patiently to see if my claim to fame on this forum will not be my dancing but by being the one to come up with the best solution for getting rid of costume smells.... anyone tried the machine idea yet and if so how did it turn out....Jim

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a new little kitten too, we threw her box away thinking she had learned to use the bigger kitty's box, boy what a mistake! She messed on the bed instead in the room where it was! Poor thing, she's little bitty thing though. She got her box back, she's now trained again. Never make any changes on the cat box, get new animals without expecting the same trouble, and if the cat gets attached to the other animal, then you give it away, they react as badly messing on things like the bathtub. Cats are strange.

There are urine remover sprays you can get at any hardware or grocery store. I hope that helps!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigJim View Post
    It's been about a week and I've been waiting patiently to see if my claim to fame on this forum will not be my dancing but by being the one to come up with the best solution for getting rid of costume smells.... anyone tried the machine idea yet and if so how did it turn out....Jim
    Honey, there are worse claims to fame than solving a serious problem for dancers. Apparently the nearerst machine to me is four hours away, so I'm not likely to be able to try it soon.

Tell us more about BigJim and we'll laud you for something else, if you like.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sicilianwillow View Post
    I have a new little kitten too, we threw her box away thinking she had learned to use the bigger kitty's box, boy what a mistake! She messed on the bed instead in the room where it was! Poor thing, she's little bitty thing though. She got her box back, she's now trained again. Never make any changes on the cat box, get new animals without expecting the same trouble, and if the cat gets attached to the other animal, then you give it away, they react as badly messing on things like the bathtub. Cats are strange.

There are urine remover sprays you can get at any hardware or grocery store. I hope that helps!
    This little kittiecat is already 3 years old and was just protesting against me being busy.
    I never trained my cats on a smaller litterbox, but they do seem to have some trouble if I move it. Just trow a bit of grinded black pepper on the old spot and they will change.
    Those sprays mostly leave stains on delicate fabrics. I handwashed it first very carefully and then hung it in the shower while making a sort of steam cabin out of it with 'cai putih oil'(a asian product, smells really fresh and eucalyptic)...that got the smell out too.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Shanazel... while we are waiting for someone to try the ozone machines on their costumes... and since you asked... I am basically a self taught dancer who has been learning mainly from DVDs for the last 6 years... I'm a member of our local Bellydance Association and whenever possible I try and take in the workshops that it and the other local teachers put on... every 2-3 months I also try and catch a private lesson to check that I'm not picking up to many bad habits or to get help with something I'm having trouble figuring out. I am proud to say that I have done 2 solos... one at a halfa and the other at a full scale show. My dancing is slowly improving.. I'm having alot of fun learning and I have met some tremendous people through bellydance. It took me a long time to get into it but I'm very happy I started and I'm very grateful for the acceptance that has been given to me by other dancers. Someday I hope to post a performance... but not yet!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to have you here! Do you mind sharing the country you inhabit on planet Earth?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm from that vast wilderness just north of North Dakota... also known as Canada...

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. My husband fled North Dakota in the early seventies after two years of teaching all music K-12 in Edinberg just south of your vast wilderness of Saskatchewan.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nightdancer View Post
    Reply from Ty, the owner of one of the businesses in VA--

I have referred him here to the other pages to see what our needs are. If he can meet them, more power to us.
    Have you tried it out yet?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast