Post Thanks / Like

Smile Beginners instructional DVDs/videos

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and also to bellydance. I took one class last year at Serena's studio in NYC, she was great but the class was a little to crowded and just not my cup of tea...if you know what I mean. Since then I have used a few instructional DVD's like Atea's magical motion, fast moves and slow moves, and they're alright but not great. I also have Nourhan Sharif's an introduction to belly dance technique but its definately not for someone who has never studied dance before. Does anyone have any suggestions for DVDs/videos that would be good for a total beginner? I plan on taking classes again but not until the New Year, and I'd like to start practicing a little before that. I'm really interested in learning the basic steps and trying to master them. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dvd

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
    Hi all, I'm new to this forum and also to bellydance. I took one class last year at Serena's studio in NYC, she was great but the class was a little to crowded and just not my cup of tea...if you know what I mean. Since then I have used a few instructional DVD's like Atea's magical motion, fast moves and slow moves, and they're alright but not great. I also have Nourhan Sharif's an introduction to belly dance technique but its definately not for someone who has never studied dance before. Does anyone have any suggestions for DVDs/videos that would be good for a total beginner? I plan on taking classes again but not until the New Year, and I'd like to start practicing a little before that. I'm really interested in learning the basic steps and trying to master them. Thanks!

Dear Chrissy,
    I have a fundamentals DVD that deals strictly with 10 fundamental movements of Egyptian belly dance. To learn more about the DVD, and about my qualifications to teach dance, please go to Raqs Azar and to Barharat!!.
    If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
    Regards,
    A'isha