how to make a coin bra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erina

Thanks for that!
I have never though of making my own costume, but I think I might actually give it a try ^_^

lylyth

Thanks for that miss shimmy!!! I just have bought some coins and was wandering how to destroy some of my lingerie and transform it into a costume. As soon as I have some results I’ll share them with you.

Moon

lylyth said:
I just have bought some coins and was wandering how to destroy some of my lingerie and transform it into a costume. As soon as I have some results I’ll share them with you.

ROFL!

I'd love to see your "destroyed lingerie" Lylyth ;)

miss_shimmy

Lol

hey yeh me too,cant wait to see your destroyed underwear!!!he he he.
:) :)

let me know how it turns out,i am going to try one soon too,it will be interesting to see what we come up with right!!!

he he he

smiles all round

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)

lylyth

My fingers ache and eyes are watering from so much sewing at night. But if I manage to get it right it will be done by Sunday I guess. And along with the bra I also made a belt to fit.
I’ll show the results afterwards :D

miss_shimmy

ooh!!

ooh lylyth,can't wait to see!!

I hear if you put a tenny blob of glue on the back of your sewing,it strengthens the sewing and stops beads/coins being shimmied off so much!:)

hugs

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shanazel

Another way to strengthen the thread you use to sew on coins is to run each thread through beeswax, then run an iron over the thread so the wax soaks in. Sounds like a lot of hassle, I know, but if you a bunch of threads all at once, it is not so bad, and it makes quite a difference on thread strength. Also keeps thread from tangling so bad.

Miss_Winnii

one more tip...

I made about 5 coin bras now...so i now what mistakes you can make...if you use strechy material, watch out if you cover the cupssometimes they go back...annoying!
And i got about an E cup, so i make my neck straps always some more wide...or else my neck hurts, and i never change the back straps for ribbons, i first cover them with strech jeans, and then with velvet...

Aliz

But where to buy coins?

But where do you buy coins, can anyone tell me?

All I find in stores is those thin tinkly aluminum ones, so I'm afraid to order coins online. Does anyone know where to get those heavier ones that are on heavy hip scarves and make such a wonderful sound? Thanks ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.