Americans who dance good Egyptian style

jenc

Well I did wonder about that - but then she's not exactly what I would call American style either

Outi

she's not exactly what I would call American style either
Why? I'm curious. I don't know dance scene in America and only a few dancer - most through dvds.

There is so few dancer who can do Egyptian style and capture the essence in West. Most of them have been working in Egypt or have been around a loads of Arabs for years etc. Sahra Saeeda is one of them.

jenc

I think of American style as being more dramatic, pops and locks, more muscular in a way- say Michelle Joyce or Ansuya. More energetic, more look at me

Outi

I haven't seen Michelle - although she is a gerat lady, made my website. Ansuya if I'm correct is more of Am. Cab, which is style of it's own.

There is great drum solo (Egyptians don't do them so often) by Dina, which bring the essence.

Moon

I haven't seen Michelle - although she is a gerat lady, made my website. Ansuya if I'm correct is more of Am. Cab, which is style of it's own.

There is great drum solo (Egyptians don't do them so often) by Dina, which bring the essence.

;).

yes! sahra saeeda! ....definetly, has the essence!

Why? I'm curious. I don't know dance scene in America and only a few dancer - most through dvds.

There is so few dancer who can do Egyptian style and capture the essence in West. Most of them have been working in Egypt or have been around a loads of Arabs for years etc. Sahra Saeeda is one of them.

Razzaq

great clips...

I must say it a nice place with lot of information on the topic (e.g. belly dance)

nice to find the place :)

Keep posting