Call in the belly dance police...

Brea

Like what visions, adiemus?

I'm only smoking to take my mind off my dog biscuit problem.

-Brea Morgiane

(everyone does know I am referring to Lethal Weapon, right?)

lizaj

hahahaha what a threat!!:lol::lol::lol:

Something for the tribal court perhaps. "I sentence you to a complete de-tasseling"

Judge Judy de raks say:

Your flowers will fade
Your cowries will crumble
Your Kuchi will be krushed(sic)
and your melodias will melt in the dryer

should you ever try to escape from the Tribal Chain gang.
yeh so get over it , suck on it!

TribalDancer

I'd like to be the head of the Special Investigations Unit, with a focus on tribal and fusion. Ya know. Fraud investigations. ;)
*snort*

adiemus

Brea I was thinking of the original Mad Max movies of Mel Gibson - much much worse than Lethal Weapon!!! But he still has the cutest eyes..sigh...

chryssanthi sahar

Hey Adiemus, your drawings are fabulous:clap:

Folks, I wouldn't mind be an executor of punishments:lol: I'm longing to use my stick;) So when you catch the criminal belly dancers, just bring them to me, I will cure them with the slap and beat method:lol:

Brea

Well to be frank if I were really in it I would probably be along the lines of Mad Max. I maintain to this day that the greatest joy in life is fighting. There is nothing like it in the world. Not sex, not even belly dancing. In fact, one of the reasons I took up the dance was to distract myself from the desire to fight.

I just found the dog biscuit reference funny, he's fearless in that movie and also a cop, which I don't believe Mad Max was. The Road Warrior was good stuff. I don't know what happened to Mel Gibson. He must have gone mad or something. He's certainly not the Lethal Weapon/Mad Max guy anymore.

For my vote on hot guys I have to go with Elijah Wood and Christopher Walken, hands down, though my favorite actor is Ewan McGregor and it has nothing to do with his looks, for I do not find him handsome, though I like his smile because it makes him look crazy. End of tangent.

-Brea Morgiane

Shanazel

I'd like to be the head of the Special Investigations Unit, with a focus on tribal and fusion. Ya know. Fraud investigations. ;)
*snort*

We also need a head of homicide to investigate those folks who insist on murdering Om Kalthoum.

It also occurs to me that we need background music: I suggest the drums from the movie Jaws, unless someone has a better idea.

Last edited:

Brea

Can you bellydance to the Jaws theme? Hmmm.....

We could use bits and pieces out of 'Ice Queen'. It has the dramatic parts and the 'walking down the street looking cool' parts.

-Brea Morgiane

lizaj

I have in the past, mooted forming a charitable organisation called Society for the Preventation of Cruelty to Veils (SPCV) that could be easily be an idea a Special Victims Unit of the BD police!
Have you seen the number a group dances where the perps appear to want to beat their delicate chiffon veils to death?;):(

Aisha Azar

Crime and Punishment

Dear BDPD,
Since I am non-violent, my very favorite form of rehabilitation for offenders would be to have them listen to Ben Stein reading an overly academic version of the History of Middle Eastern Dance until they promise on their very lives to reform.
Regards,
A'isha

Last edited:

Brea

To lisaj-

What I want to know is why they must affix sequins to veils? I am always getting veils stuck in my (very curly) hair! That's how a belly dance criminal would vanquish me, certainly- by throwing a sequined veil at me! I would be powerless to resist, not to mention blind.

Last edited:

cathy

corruption confusion

I finally figured out what "BOB" means (Bitches of Belly Dance, right?) but I'm confused. Does the BDP fight against the BOBs or are they one and the same? I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a veiled, bedlah-wearing comic book character yet.

Cathy

Aniseteph

That's how a belly dance criminal would vanquish me, certainly- by throwing a sequined veil at me! I would be powerless to resist, not to mention blind.

Shhhhh! Don't tell them your weaknesses!!!

Cathy, the BOBs are indeed the Bitches of Belly Dance, who stray from the politically correct fluffy ranks and dare to occasionally Tell It Like It Is. And the Belly Dance Police are the force we need to smash down the doors, march onto the stage and administer a sharp NO (or "BOB slap" :lol:) when something horrible is being perpetrated in the name of belly dance.

It makes you feel better to picture this when you are sitting there thinking WTF?, and everyone is applauding wildly and going "darling you were wonderful", and you can't really stand up and say "No, actually it really wasn't, it was pretty lame. And you wonder why people think belly dance is a joke....".

Brea

I was at a restaurant where a very skinny girl with obviously unreal breasts went up onstage...and I mean this absolutely literally...walked back and forth several times, kind of leaned back at one point and attempted what I think was a shoulder shimmy but her chest didn't move so I don't know...and then she got offstage. Turned out she was a regularly paid dancer at this place! What do the restaurants WANT in a belly dancer? Honestly!

Last edited:

Michelle A

I just found the dog biscuit reference funny, he's fearless in that movie and also a cop, which I don't believe Mad Max was. The Road Warrior was good stuff. I don't know what happened to Mel Gibson. He must have gone mad or something. He's certainly not the Lethal Weapon/Mad Max guy anymore.

-Brea Morgiane

Hi Brea,

Actually Mad Max was a cop at the beginning of the first movie, until his family was killed and he set out for revenge. I like Mel too. ;)

Brea

It's been so many years since I saw the Road Warrior I could barely remember it! Yeah Mel was the stuff once...not 'hot' to me but really fun to watch as an actor. What I wish is that there were more women that can pull off that kind of toughness or crazed-ness. Sigourney Weaver is the only one that comes to mind.

Last edited:

Q-Tip

I think they should be made to dance to the Barney Theme Song in front of the BD Police while wearing this:

(The dance should be recorded for future use by the BDP.)

adiemus

ooooh that is cruel and unusual punishment, I am not sure we'd be allowed to do that without them calling on the Geneva convention!...
I actually think I need to call on the protection squad of the BDP because my veil has evil intentions towards me - and we don't want to even think about what my cane does to me!!!