To all bellydancers from the Netherlands!

yabael

Hello everybody,
I am dancing for quite a few years and i wish to take it to a higher level
I would like to contact a (very good!) bellydance teacher in the netherlands,
is there anybody you could really recommend? I wish to learn more about tribal-style and refine other movements.

Mardol

Hi,

Julia Zafira (Haarlem, Amsterdam) does tribal, so does Leyla (Utrecht). They're both together in a tribal group - the Uzime, with another teacher - Linda.
leila@buikdans.nl
Juliazafira@zonnet.nl

on the 16th there's a tribal workshop in Utrecht with an American tribal teacher. Leyla probably organizes it, because the email address of the group is listed.
the.uzume@gmail.com
tel.nr: 06 479 529 18

veel plezier,
Mardol

yabael

thank you for the tip!

Ben je zelf Nederlands? :D
Have you followed any of those classes yourself?
Thanks for the information!
Greetings Renske
(orientaalsdansen.nl)

Hi,

Julia Zafira (Haarlem, Amsterdam) does tribal, so does Leyla (Utrecht). They're both together in a tribal group - the Uzime, with another teacher - Linda.
leila@buikdans.nl
Juliazafira@zonnet.nl

on the 16th there's a tribal workshop in Utrecht with an American tribal teacher. Leyla probably organizes it, because the email address of the group is listed.
the.uzume@gmail.com
tel.nr: 06 479 529 18

veel plezier,
Mardol

Yshka

Hi Renske,

Zafira does great ATS indeed and is a wonderfully energetic and passionate teacher. I've taken some workshops with her now and then and really love her. However, the group she and Leyla are in is called Tanit Tribal.
Leyla is a beautiful dancer as well but have never taken any classes with her.

For Zafira, check out Zafira.
For Maya, see MySpace.com - Maya - 33 - Female - NL - www.myspace.com/maya_acid

There's also the fusion group The Uzumé, but this consists of Minka, Tjarda and Maya (Maya, based in Eindhoven and I Rotterdam if I'm correct, is a very good fusion dancer who teaches tribal style also).
The tribal workshops in Utrecht I think are indeed hosted by the Uzume (Maya, Minka and Tjarda). They'll be hosting the UNMATA dancers.

If you look at www.orientalmagic.eu (website for a dutch oriental dance festival) you can register there and look at information on bellydance in the Netherlands and videoclips of their festivals. They organise a Tribal festival too which will take place on march 29 I think, and is called Magical Tribal.

In Dutch tribal scene there's also Gonda, who teaches at Oudheusden. I've seen Gonda dance numerous times and think she does very well.

Veel succes:D!! Waar in Nederland ga je verblijven?

Last edited:

Moon

Check out this website Bellydancing.nl - Orientaalse dans. Under "dansen --> lessen" you can find websites etc. of a number of teachers in the Netherlands, some of them also teach tribal or tribal fusion. Under "dansen --> agenda" you can find a schedule with workshops and see if there are any tribal workshops.
Good luck!