Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by nightdancer View Post
    Is the offer to share the PDF still open? I'd love to see
    Me too, me too!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Girls, I would be happy to send you the card~ just PM me with your email address so I can send it as an attachment

Post Thanks / Like

Moon, I love your teacher's idea! I think this kind of cards would also be a great help for practicing at home!

Post Thanks / Like

I always say that there's no such thing as a new idea!!! LOL!!!
    I've been developing a kind of deck of cards that is something like the flash cards that you're describing...I'm just finishing the artwork and will publish the deck before year's end!
    Gia

Post Thanks / Like

Default flash cards

Quote Originally Posted by RioDancerCO View Post
    Hello Everyone I just put together some 'flash cards' with the names of belly dance movements on them and came up with a couple games for my beginning belly dance class to have fun with. The goal is to develop a 'vocabulary' and build muscle memory without practicing one move so long that everyone's attention wanders. So far I have come up with:
    Belly Dance Charades
    ~ split the class into two teams, take turns drawing a movement card, 'act' it out and see if your team can guess it.
    Draw-a-Combo
    ~ pull 3 or 4 cards and have the whole class try to make a combination move out of them. This should help with transitioning between moves and building memorization skills.
    Group Draw-a-Combo
    ~ every person in class draws a card and then gets in a group of 3 or 4 and has to make a combo that combines everyone's card, dance it, then switch groups!

If any of you have more ideas for fun games using these cards, I would love to hear them! <3

Hi There!
    I managed to find you on facebook to ask you this already but I'm not sure if you have received my message yet. In the meantime I've managed to gain access to respond to this directly yay! Would you be able to forward me a copy of the flash cards you have created? I'm not sure how to pm on here, but I have written you my email address in your facebook inbox! I would really appreciate it! Thank you so much in advance!!

Best,
    Halima

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent idea! Brilliant! Can i have the card or the pdf too?

Thanks so much for the entire idea! it might be also great for group-made choreographies (and how to remember them)....

Post Thanks / Like

Proof that great minds think alike! My class flash cards aren't fancy- just index cards and sharpie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12