Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Showing coming up but burned out

privacy
    Last edited by sstacy123; 08-15-2012 at 07:37 PM. Reason: privacy

Post Thanks / Like

o what a pitty...its gonna be a great day so you have to try to get some rest eat good you will be fine dont make yourself miserable and worry to much,its gonna be fine...your teacher is under stress i think she want to do her best....take some b complex vitamins it will make you stronger and its uplifting for your mood make sure it has b6......goodluck hugs Lydia

Post Thanks / Like

Hi sstacy123

I am sure that you and your fellow dancers will do just fine, and I know you will do the best that you possibly can do, you have all worked so hard, so it will be great. You will have a wonderful time and the audience will love you.

Your teacher is under a great deal of stress, and she just wants you to get it right, so that you will feel proud of your performance. Better she shouts at you now, than right before you go on!

I did this exact same thing to my ladies last week, and they were really fabulous on Saturday in the show we participated in, and I was soooo proud of them

Do let us know how it all goes.

Shakeelah

Post Thanks / Like

Hi sstacy123.

Don't worry, try to have a good rest the evening before the show and when the show day comes, you'll feel fine because of the adrenaline and because it is fun performing I wish you very very very much luck and have a lot of fun

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a pain, literally. I suggest getting yourself a good massage, professional or amateur, have a long soak in a perfumed tub, and a couple times a day take some all-around nutritional supplements chased by lots of water.

It'll help get you through it -- and maybe next time you can suggest some ways to make things go smoother and easier for everybody.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi it sounds like nerves have also kicked in. Try and relax (easier said than done) You will be fine on the day. If you really ask all the other girls and if they are truthful they will tell you that they feel the same way. After the performance and the adrenline is still pumping you are on top of the world, and cannot wait for the enxt performance. Your Instructor is also under stress and only wants the best for you . I do the same and I know I am a b***h during the day of the performance but by that evening all is calm so I apologise to all before hand. Remember if you are about 50 women getting ready to dance pms has got to be somewhere :-)
    Enjoy it

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ladies for your support. But I would like to say that while the teacher was driving me crazy I realize it was more me being tired than her being annoying or a B or anything. I don't think it feels good to anyone to have negative things pointed out but on a normal day I welcome it because I know that's how I improve...just that day (and probably a few other days here lately) I just have felt like I haven't the engergy for it...everything she asked required more energy...

My nerves aren't too bad (yet)...I was having a bit of a problem for a while concerned about the sword dance...not being able to keep the sword on my head...but honestly I finally decided that it would be okay if it falls...the audience knows we are students...and the non dance people that have seem me do it seem to be pretty impressed...so nerves aren't too bad, but I would like to do the best job I could do...the intro piece def needed some work because I really just didn't know it...but I did get a good practice in today so still far from perfect but I feel better about that.

Ooh, a massage would be great right now! And a hot bath does sound good too...I think y'all are right though...I'm sure perf day I'll be full of adrenaline and ready to conquer the world...The perf is Saturday...I may take Friday off work if possible...I'll def let y'all know how it goes. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all...writing to update you...I ended up taking half a day off Thursday from work and all day Friday and rested...today I was feeling pretty good...and come performance time I was feeling good...I am feeling a bit disappointed because none of my friends came...I made a few mistakes during my sword dance but I kept the sword on my head (it never even wobbled) so I'm a bit apprehensive to see the video on those goofs but the other dances I felt good about...I plan to post a picture or two soon. Yea!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast