Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amulya View Post
    I really like the color of the first one, but that big applique and the open right side are not really so nice. I actually posted that one for the hat he he
    Oh GAWD, when I saw the first picture, I thought "Well, this costume ain't too bad...", but when I saw the hat... PEH-LEEZE!

Long live the BOB's! :p

Post Thanks / Like

If I may have another request, Amulya? PLEASE, share that balloon-shaped hat from your website with us... I had to cry from laughing the first time I saw it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think , They all can be wearable, but i still think the lord of the ring one is just a bit too humourous.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Wow Amulya, you're such a BOB (compliment that is)

No really, these just crack me up. I think the first one could look nice if the bra was normal (and if we unleashed a REALLY GOOD seamstress at it).. The big flower on the skirt is just too much lol, but the other costumes are worse!

wonderful lol. Makes me really miss the UBDC's

God I didn't see the others you posted. That Balloonshaped hat is just awful :eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Amulya
    We need the BOB for this, no the belly dance police:
    http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload...5-1f4e8d534c1b
    OOOOOOOOOOMFG!!!! *Calls 262, our secret Bellydance patrol hotline... (on mobile phone 262 are the nr's used for B O B), like 911, only it's bellydance police lol
    When I start visualising I already see someone dressed in a black-blue'ish galabia running in flashing a badge yelling "Freeze! BDPD!!!"....
    Last edited by Yshka; 08-11-2006 at 01:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The balloon hat makes me think of a rather exotic ottoman my roomate and I had in our apartment when we were in graduate school. It is not so much the bedlah police we need here as a twelve step group for recovering taste. "Hi, my name is Habibi, and I am a tacky costume addict."

Oh, heavens, I do adore looking at these costumes. I always supected I had a thick catty streak. Alas, it is true- just bring me a bowl for my milk. The white bra with the single string of beads off the dancer's Christmas tree was a personal favorite.

Yshka, is the badge beaded or sequined?
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

Hubby actually recoiled when I showed him the picture of the first one with the hat!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel
    Yshka, is the badge beaded or sequined?
    The badge would be double sided (so like something you need to flip open). The badge cover is sequined, the badge itself is beaded in different colours with the words "BDPD" in glass beads on it.
    It's flashy should be available in all colours to match our bedlah

Post Thanks / Like

OMG!!!! Thanks for posting Amulya! Some people really choose their costumes with their eyes closed.

Post Thanks / Like

*falling on the floor laughing*

Oh my... The only use I can see for the balloon/footstool hat is cosplaying a Plant Doll with Tiara Flower bud (which will make no sense to anyone who doesn't read manga, yes I know) Other than that... really oversized pin-cushion for intense sessions of tacky-costume making?

Second one... Y'know you're well overdue for a shower when your bosom goes moldy like that :eek:

BDPD... We work so hard to convince people that our dance is not just prancing around in our underwear and what does she go and do? First thing I thought was "what's this, a make-shift stripper who can't afford a costume?" Ye gods...

Amulya, I'm so sorry... Your artwork is great, but doesn't hold a candle to these costumes. Which is proof that you can't make this stuff up... I mean, that last one, BDSM polka-dots? Brrrrr!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast