Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Dear Ladies All,
    My gratitude for taking the time you all have spent... I must admit I was terrified by the initial response,my gut reaction was to get out of the whole game very fast..... But I intend to dance and I know that I put myself up for scrutiny when I started the thread and I would be a coward not to see it through...Again I am new to this and dont know If I am to respond to all posts I hope I am not..... Massive Apreaciation To Salome....You are right in saying that with out skill but most of all without knowledge of technique one can not even begin to contemplate teaching.......
    I think you will be all glad to hear that I AM NOT running any bellydance classes but as I am skint I am Focusing on Tribal Fire Dancing and have found much to my plesent suprise I can teach my skill to a group of people and even better they can learn it...... YIPPEE....
    My teacher helped me lick my wounds and has introduced me to different academies to help me further my studies........Mouse would Know living in regional AUSTRALIA it is not that easy to get about and do all the study we may want too......butt all excuses aside..... I was scared but now i am not.....I understand that the context gets lost in translation..... I appreaciate the time everbody spent and I hope to read more from you all ((not in this thread another will be fine))) I enjoy alll of your input to EVERYBODIES ?????'s and most of all I WANT TO DANCE....nothing but two amputated legs can stop me doing that and even then I will have two pefectly good arms that i can use..... Thank you all respectfully Elly-beth...

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Elly-Beth,
    Good to have you back! I think you've made the right decision. Go girl!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Teaching, etc.

Dear Elly-Beth,
    Thank you for having the integrity, courage, and most of all the true love of the dance, enough NOT to try to teach it until you gain some experience. This is the meaning of putting the art form before the ego.
    Regards,
    A'isha
    Last edited by Aisha Azar; 08-16-2006 at 02:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Elly-Beth

I also appreciate very much, that you gave up your plans of teaching belly dance classes. I'm sure, you will have the possibility to do this, when the right time comes
    I wish you much luck with your Tribal Fire Dancing teaching! By the way, can you tell us something about this style? To be honest, I don't know much about it, but I would like to know.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Elly-beth, sorry we seemed so wrathful - I'm glad you're teaching your fire technique. Best wishes, and glad to see you back here.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be Glad to tell you about fire dancing...First of all dont wear too much gauze ....I have caught on fire too many times to try dancing in that style of costume..:eek: It is very bassy and leg heavy but the best music has trills running over the top to accentuate the arm movements..it is similar to using a cane only heavier and with more movement.
    you need a strong hand to control the stick as you roll it through your fingers and a flexible wrist to maintain the twirls.....
    and you let your body flow around the stick at the same time making it look like the fire is flowing around you.... It is so feirce having the roar of flame whipping around your head and like belly dance definitly NOT for begginners... I twirled for a year before I even lit the stick and it was five before i breathed fire (Dont try this at home the scars last forever) I have a copy of a book around here will work out how to get it on the pute for you

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a video clip of yourself fire dancing? It sounds exciting.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Elly-Beth, I'm glad you're back. I agree with the ladies above that it is very courageous of you to respond and not giving up. It's is very wise of you to let go of bellydance-teaching until you are ready. I'm glad to hear you did.

This fire dancing thing sounds dangerous, but really amazing! I would also love to see. Any clips? And do you really breathe fire too? I've seen that sometimes, it looks so cool!
    Hearing from your story it sounds like you're a very experienced and passionate firedancer, and that is exactly what you should teach IMO if you feel like teaching. Seems to me you'll make a very good fire dance teacher

Keep at it and happy dancing,

Iris

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Elly-Beth

I was so happy to find you here again with a positive and encouraged attitude.

One door closed, but another opened and Im sure that it was the right one.

I wish you lots of luck and look forward to seeing you around the belly dance world.

Sending lots of positive energy your way,
    Tenica

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All, I just found this thread. But I think you are realy brave elly-beth.You will be able to teach in no time.

I wanted to shear what I found out some time ego.I was haveing workshops with Jasmin Mozulum one of the best dancers in Poland and she said that sometime ego she had 10 days workshops 2 (1 for beginers and 1 for advance) classes in a day, 2 girls enrol and attened bought classes. After the workshops they came back to their home town and have opened a bellydance school. How can you open a bellydance school after 10days of training? Meybe you can tell me if that is posible to become a teacher after 10 days of practicing?
    Love, Alaya

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast