Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only moved away from my first dance studio half a year ago, so I still ge very well along with my first teachers. They are two women who put a lot of effort into developing the dance culture in their town. And the coolest thing is, that even though I live and work in a different city, they keep inviting me to their events and performances, to make sure I stay in touch!

Post Thanks / Like

I never really gelled with my first teacher - I don't know why, really, except that (from what I can remember) we were expected to have matered zills AND veils AND floorwork at once without getting the basics down pat.

I absolutely adore my current teacher, however, and will stick with her as long as she'll keep me in her class!

Post Thanks / Like

My first teacher I had 2 of them ...with no one I can managed something..for this I say in some of the topics that will be nice when all teacher will be like Aziza I think is she called !

But I am happy that I am teacher and I love my students !

Post Thanks / Like

My first teacher was a wonderful young woman called Keti Sharif. I live in Fremantle in Western Australia and she used to live just down the road from me. She lives in Egypt now - lucky her. She used to encourage us to go to other teachers as well as herself so that we would learn different styles and ways of dancing. This is something that I've always appreciated.

Sarah

Post Thanks / Like

My first teacher was actually the owners advanced student who taught the beginning classes for her. She was a really nice person, just the way the school was set up, the first class was working towards learning a specific routine. Each level you went up required you learn a specific routine. I ended up buying what ever video's I could because I wanted to learn more. As a result of most of my teachers, I've always had choreographed routines and am not as good a improvisational but I am getting better.

Post Thanks / Like

My very first teacher was Cheryl Pierce (Ziva of the Zuri troupe of Mobile, Alabama ). I only took classes with her for about 3 months, then I had to move. But I have good feelings about her teaching because she taught the basic movements of bellydance in a way that was easy for beginners to understand and I still find her explanations of moves useful today.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I really liked my first teacher, I felt like she really knew her stuff but as I've mentioned beause of schedule conflcits I had to change...but I'm really enjoying my new teacher (although they have it set up for 2 six week sessions with a different teacher for each session so I'll have to see how the next one is). I may resume classes with my first teacher in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

I started taking classes with Morocco about four years ago and am still her student as well as Tarik's and Karima Nadira's at her studio. I can't believe how lucky I am because I signed up on a whim, knowing absolutely nothing about any dance form or Middle Eastern music, thinking it would only be something I did for a few months for a change of pace. But thanks to whatever lucky star I have instead I discovered a whole new fascinating and thrilling world and one of the best teachers ever. My feeling in the first class was intrigued and enchanted --but this has grown and as I appreciate her and the dance more, and now my feelings for Morocco are profound admiration, respect, and love. I am so lucky to have found her and I feel like the limits of what I can learn from her are only set by how fast I can absorb it. I love you, Rocky! Cathy
    Last edited by cathy; 01-20-2007 at 11:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

To all of you who didn't like their first teachers, what made you stick it out? I personally really admire mine, and she's something to aspire to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WildFire View Post
    To all of you who didn't like their first teachers, what made you stick it out? I personally really admire mine, and she's something to aspire to.

My first teachers were 1 from Israel and the other one from Austria ! The one from Israel she was a good dancer but the thing was that I think she has a problem with herself because she was old ! I guss you know what I mean !And the other thing was that she really dont take care of her students! She was dancing just for herself without to pay any atention to the students !
    With the other one (from Austria) was much more heavy .Was a thing there wich really shocks me . I wanted to know how it works with the proffesional diplom to becam teacher ! When I asked her to talk with me about she just turn her back to me and go without to tell me something. On her hours I didnt feelt neither good because she make difference between the students ! To me appears like : Ok ,you give me presents (flowers,bla bla..) and you are my best friend !
    On other side I have to say that from this I learn how t check with my students !

Lots of Love,
    Princess

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast