Feelings towords our first dance teacher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yshka

Nice thread, it's fun reading all your experiences with teachers so far.

I am also still dancing with my first teacher (having danced for total of 3,5 years) and she keeps amazing me every time. She is a wonderful dancer and an absolutely fantastic teacher. As she continues to study with master dancers from all over I continue to grow along with her, being encouraged by her to take classes with other teachers, absorbing as much information as I can and developing myself and my dancing in as many ways possible too. She is not at all competitive and has done very well as to making sure her students aren't either. She is generous in sharing her knowledge and classes with her are relaxed, friendly and great fun.
She is currently also coaching me to go out there and perform by myself (as well as with our troupe), I'm honestly very well taken care of :D. She gives constructive critique and advice and I feel she constantly encourages me to become a better dancer as well as a better person. Having known her for almost 8 years also makes me feel a great deal of friendship, love and great respect towards her.

She inspires me and will always. I have learned a great deal of valuable things from her that will forever influence my dancing, and I continue to learn from her. I'm sticking with her, dropping in with other teachers from time to time to add to my journey in Oriental dance.

Last edited:

Fatima

I didn't like my first teacher. I didn't know but she was teaching me everything wrong. All I knew is that it didn't look right. My current teacher is the one I consider my actual first teacher.

Yshka

I haven't had any really bad experiences with any teachers so far. So Fatima, how do you like your current one?

Fatima

I just love her. Actually them. In that school I've had several teachers (one for every level), but I was lucky enough to take my very first classes there with the director. She's amazing and is supposed to teach only advance students. All the other teachers are great too.

SumayaSaahir

I like my first teacher a whole lot, and while her classes were fun, I felt there was a lot more to learn, and I was right. Since then, I've bounced around from teacher to teacher trying to find the right fit. 5 years later, I found her and I love her teaching style! I was looking for somone to be really critical (in a positive way) so that I could really expand my repitoir and my technique, and she does that for me.

Yshka

SumayaSaahir said:
I was looking for somone to be really critical (in a positive way) so that I could really expand my repitoir and my technique, and she does that for me.

I found this also in my teacher, I love it about her:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.