Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Freaking out!

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a blessing the strap broke now as opposed to, say, while you were dancing!

I'm sure you will be wonderful. I hope you have a great time! How fun!

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

To Anisteph- yes, this was the reason I chose the name, to honor my 'musketeer' fighting heritage.

The show was great! I have to say that every strap on that bra had to be safety pinned as the entire thing sort of exploded upon itself...luckily before the show! I think I did quite well, though I was unnerved that two of the other dancers were little bird-ladies, MUCH skinnier than myself. They were really nice though. The second part of the show was a 'novelty' act, in which I bellydanced to AC/DC wearing a spiked dog collar and leather fingerless gloves. THAT was a hit! The sound and light people were up dancing and the bellydancer that had organized it was singing the song the rest of the night! So I hope this will open a lot of new doors to me. Thanks all for the encouragement...it really helped!
    Last edited by Brea; 03-26-2008 at 04:37 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Besides, any dancer who hasn't broken a bra strap or stepped on her hem or had her veil get stuck on her sequins simply has not danced enough.
    Ahem. I've had the latter two happen, but never the first...

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brea View Post
    To Anisteph- yes, this was the reason I chose the name, to honor my 'musketeer' fighting heritage.

The show was great! I have to say that every strap on that bra had to be safety pinned as the entire thing sort of exploded upon itself...luckily before the show! I think I did quite well, though I was unnerved that two of the other dancers were little bird-ladies, MUCH skinnier than myself. They were really nice though. The second part of the show was a 'novelty' act, in which I bellydanced to AC/DC wearing a spiked dog collar and leather fingerless gloves. THAT was a hit! The sound and light people were up dancing and the bellydancer that had organized it was singing the song the rest of the night! So I hope this will open a lot of new doors to me. Thanks all for the encouragement...it really helped!

-Brea Morgiane
    I have to admit I am totally an 80's girl...I love AC/DC! Congrats on your great success! I wish I could have been there to see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba View Post
    Ahem. I've had the latter two happen, but never the first...
    Well, maybe your bra straps have less to support than some of us...

Post Thanks / Like

Which AC/DC song?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry I missed it! I had tickets to another event. Glad to hear it all went well (except for the printing error). Who else was dancing (besides the event's namesake, of course)?

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

Cheryl and Aisha danced with me. I danced to 'You Shook Me All Night Long'. Everyone was really nice. I still feel like I didn't dance at the top of my form, probably because I was so nervous!! I don't choreograph and at one point I was telling myself 'stop doing mayas over and over again dammit!'
    Last edited by Brea; 03-26-2008 at 04:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it sounds like a fun night, anyway. And I love mayas...I'm not sure if it's possible to have too many of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on another hurdle leaped, Brea!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast