Freaking out!

Brea

Tomorrow night I have a BIG show...Dahlal International is going to be there, I'm dancing with a pretty famous bellydancer. This is the best opportunity I've ever had. Then tonight while practicing my beautiful new red costume's bra strap came off...and a skintight mermaid skirt I am using is, I have now discovered, see through! So I am freaking out because of all these things. I could use some encouragement everybody!:pray:

Last edited:

Shanazel

Encouragement! Good wishes! You are beautiful and talented and will be just fine. Sew the strap back on and make sure the other one is attached. Is the skirt seamed so that you can wear a slip? Yeah, I know, not exotic, but would solve the peekaboo quality of your skirt.

Yay, Brea! Go! Go! Go!

Brea

LOL Shanazel!! Thank you so much...I will try the slip idea, I completely forgot they existed. Said famous dancer says that 'Morgianna' is also a reasonable spelling of my last name in dance...she has already printed up the programs. I feel a bit concerned about that..suppose I better change it because if anyone finds out who I am through this that's who they're going to think I am...

Last edited:

KuteNurse

I would love to see this performance! Unfortunately, with my dad being sick, I don't think I will be able to make it. Shanazel knows what she is talking about and she has great advice:) Good luck, relax and enjoy your performance.:)

Shanazel

Shanazel is also the only person living today who not only owns, but occasionally wears, a petticoat.:) Was Morgianna the lady who poured hot oil into the jars filled with outlaws in Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves?

Q-Tip

You've been through worse situations -yes?

Take a deep breath or two and then go be your fabulous self!

Enjoy the dance, enjoy the company you are in!

Brea

Hahaha! Thanks everybody.

And yes, she was the slave girl that did that as well as killed the guy that was trying to poison the sheikh by stabbing him with her sword while she was dancing.

Last edited:

Aniseteph

And yes, Morgiane/Morgianna was the slave girl that did that as well as killed the guy that was trying to poison the sheikh by stabbing him with her sword while she was dancing.

:shok: No one would argue with her even if her skirt was see through and her strap did come off!

What a great opportunity - go for it and enjoy yourself :dance: :clap:

Shanazel

Besides, any dancer who hasn't broken a bra strap or stepped on her hem or had her veil get stuck on her sequins simply has not danced enough.

CurlyBellyGirl

I think it's a blessing the strap broke now as opposed to, say, while you were dancing! ;)

I'm sure you will be wonderful. I hope you have a great time! How fun!

Brea

To Anisteph- yes, this was the reason I chose the name, to honor my 'musketeer' fighting heritage.

The show was great! I have to say that every strap on that bra had to be safety pinned as the entire thing sort of exploded upon itself...luckily before the show! I think I did quite well, though I was unnerved that two of the other dancers were little bird-ladies, MUCH skinnier than myself. They were really nice though. The second part of the show was a 'novelty' act, in which I bellydanced to AC/DC wearing a spiked dog collar and leather fingerless gloves. THAT was a hit! The sound and light people were up dancing and the bellydancer that had organized it was singing the song the rest of the night! So I hope this will open a lot of new doors to me. Thanks all for the encouragement...it really helped!

Last edited:

KuteNurse

To Anisteph- yes, this was the reason I chose the name, to honor my 'musketeer' fighting heritage.

The show was great! I have to say that every strap on that bra had to be safety pinned as the entire thing sort of exploded upon itself...luckily before the show! I think I did quite well, though I was unnerved that two of the other dancers were little bird-ladies, MUCH skinnier than myself. They were really nice though. The second part of the show was a 'novelty' act, in which I bellydanced to AC/DC wearing a spiked dog collar and leather fingerless gloves. THAT was a hit! The sound and light people were up dancing and the bellydancer that had organized it was singing the song the rest of the night! So I hope this will open a lot of new doors to me. Thanks all for the encouragement...it really helped!

-Brea Morgiane

I have to admit I am totally an 80's girl...I love AC/DC! Congrats on your great success! I wish I could have been there to see.:)

da Sage

I'm sorry I missed it! I had tickets to another event. Glad to hear it all went well (except for the printing error). Who else was dancing (besides the event's namesake, of course)?

Brea

Hi,

Cheryl and Aisha danced with me. I danced to 'You Shook Me All Night Long'. Everyone was really nice. :) I still feel like I didn't dance at the top of my form, probably because I was so nervous!! I don't choreograph and at one point I was telling myself 'stop doing mayas over and over again dammit!' :)

Last edited:

da Sage

Well, it sounds like a fun night, anyway. And I love mayas...I'm not sure if it's possible to have too many of them.;)