Ingrown hairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erina

lol, I had a vague idea of exfoliate, and was right. I didn't have to go through the same embarrasement as moon *huggles*

And what exactly is an eplilator? Is that the one that sends an electric shock to zap the hairs?

lylyth

I love girlie talks so much :D
Epilator is a device, which has small discs, which work like small fast moving tweezers and pull out hairs. It is a long-lasting method, just like waxing, and a little painful too.
I use it too for my leg hair, also for arm hair. Some friends of mine use it for armpits too, but I found the paint unbearable.
An excellent way for exfoliation is using a rough sponge during bathing/showering – it peels off the rough or dead skin.

Demelza

ha ha ha I know what you mean !! Can anyone change the name of the thread?? It's not the nicest title in the world ! :eek:

Sara

I know something! :D

Three tips I've picked up.. or maybe two, I'll see after I've done em. I'd test the firt one first on a small part of your legs.

1) Use conditioner to shave with not soap. I makes your legs smooth and softens the hairs.
2) For every upward stroke, do one down. This helps to collect dead skin etc. So one up and against the hair, then another down.

:( Only two.

Leave your legs or whatever for a while, then moisturise them.

Gabi

An epilator for armpits :eek:! How desperate can one be to get rid of those hairs? ;)

:D I like to call it Ripping my Pitts!

If you get 'em waxed the first one or two times it's not so bad if you keep it up and then it eventually gets really easy. For me, it was that or go hairy ;~)

Zurah

I too adore girlie talk on Sunday mornings. Ha ha ha, poor Rico and Liamseo! Perhaps threads like these should include a warning at the start for the gentlemen of the forum.

Waxing is the best way for me to keep bumps from appearing. If I can't book an appointment and just have to shave, I make sure to exfoliate the day before, using loofah gloves. Do make sure though that you clean, air and change your loofahs periodically, as they're bound to pick up nasty little things from the humidity in the shower.

Erina

Thing is I have sensitive skin/eczema and when I exfoliate, it get really itchy then want to scratch all my skin off :eek: which is obviously not the desired effect :rolleyes:

Andaleeb

Tendskin

I get ingrown hairs on my bikini line no matter how I remove the hair (shaving, waxing, Nair, etc.). I've found that exfoliating helps, but I also found out about a product called TendSkin from my determotologist that has helped me more than anything. You can find out more about it and order here: http://www.tendskin.com/

I just put some of the liquid on a cotton ball and rub that over the area immediately after I shave and then again each day after I shower.

I think I'm actually going to have laser hair removal done on my bikini like soon by my dermotologist. Anyone have any experience with that?

Gabriella

I can give you my advice - I have little plastic balls various colours with water inside, you have to put it into the fridge and then when everything will be done, put into your skin - after that it won´t hurt and also itch. TRY !!! I´m sure that it will help you !!! :rolleyes:

Erina

When I'm older I want to see about getting permanent hair removal- right now I'm probably a bit too young and i can't ask the money from my dad- explain why I want a coupla hundred pounds! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.