Ingrown hairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erina

A question sorta related to all this:

-many of my friends get like little lumps because they shave too much; If you know what I am talking about, I was wondering do they really get that because they 'over-shave'? And do the lumps ever go?

With sugar-waxing does it make your hairs grow any faster/ slower than they would normally?

Babylonia

Shaving in the direction of the hairs helps to reduce the bumps.

Waxed hairs should grow back slowly but I don't wax because it gives me ingrown hairs.

lagrosse

Yep, Shakira's right.

I have ingrown hair everytime I wax, more in some areas like knees, but with a regular exfoliation the problem's gone

Laura.

Salome

Administrator
I've noticed that different areas on my body respond differently to different hair removal procedures. I use an epilator which has no ingrown hair effects on my legs but discovered it did on my bikini line, so I shave the bikini line instead. If you have issues with one type of hair removal try another. And yes, exfoliate!

Gabi

I always had a terrible time with bumps and ingrown hairs in the bikini and underarm area. For me, a mechanical epilator has worked very well (emjoi gold) so well, that I now don't have under arm hair anymore. That did take a few years though, but in between no pain except immediately after.

Safran

He, do not make fun of the non-native speakers of English ;) I consider my English pretty solid but I still get stunned every now and then on this forum...

As much as I know, exfoliation = body scrub. So not that painful, Rebecca...

Moon

Thanks for explaining Maariku :)

Demelza, funny in every thread??? Is my English that bad?

Demelza

moon - nooo!! I promise I'm not making fun of you ! I don't know why you just make me smile when i read your threads/replies. It's a nice thing xx :D

Moon

ok :D thanks for loving me ;)
I wasn't offended, just wondering if you'd find me funny because of my English ;)

Last edited:

Moon

bluntness? I had to look up that word in a dictionary, and I'm not too happy with the result... Do you really think I'm dumb?

Demelza

hee hee hee moon, you really are sooo funny !! :D

Bluntness does not mean dumb. you must look it up in the dictionary again. xxxx

Salome

Administrator
Like Maariku said exfoliating is taking a wash cloth or loofah or exfoliating body scrub of some kind and scrubbing your body, rids the body of dead skin...

Moon

Thanks Salome :)

Lol Demelza according to my dictionary it means: "dull, dumb, curt (and also blunt, lol I guess you meant that one)
But I always think of myself as quite tactfull... I hope I didin't offend anyone?

Demelza

i meant it in the 'straight to the point' sense. xx

I don't think you offended anyone. I think you entertain ! x :)

Status
Not open for further replies.