Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi, I am Sam

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you

Thank you all for the warm HOT welcome. I am seriously have been misunderstood.

If I am looking for the kind of dancers who wants to earn money ( as you call them ). I know where exactly to find them easily in Russia, CIS, Hurghada or in any country in the Arab World or Turkey. I would not waste your and my time on this website. I was referred to this website by a friend of mine from Moscow, as she mentioned there are really serious professional belly dancers there. ( this is was her own words ).

Please do accept my apologies for wasting your time and leading you in the wrong direction, which I was not my intention at all.

Once we get the Egyptian Authorities approval for adding such entertainment to the Restaurant ( as this will not be a night club ) a normal dinning restaurant I will be inviting you all for the opening inshallah very soon.

Thank you & Happy Holidays.

Sam
    Last edited by The Egyptian; 12-20-2007 at 06:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sam, what I don't understand is why do you look outside Egypt?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your message. A good question to answer with pleasure.

Maybe new faces, looking for a better serious quality or you can say seeking professionalism. Which is not found among foreign belly dancers in Egypt.

Also the great Egyptian belly dancers will not dance in a normal dinning resturant. They dance in hotels, night clubs & weddings or private gatherings only.

Let me please explain what we are trying to do here. We are trying to imitate the Sultana chain or restaurants in Moscow in Cairo, which is a normal dinning restaurant with Lebanese food.

In Egypt to be allowed to have a belly dancer, it should be a hotel or night club and not a normal hours dinning restaurant. It will not be that expensive as a hotel or night club food, also will not be that cheap as a normal resturant. But it will be affordable for all classes. Exactly as the floating restaurants we have surfing the Nile, but in a building.

I hope that I did explain my case. I am open for any other questions or ideas.

Great weekend and Merry Christmas.

Sam
    Last edited by The Egyptian; 12-21-2007 at 02:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Sam, thank you for explaining the matter better and sorry, if we offended you, but you know, it is difficult for us professional belly dancers to distinguish between a serious and a dubious offer. It'll be great, if you give more information about the restaurant, as soon as it starts working. There are quite some of us who visit Cairo once a while, so maybe we could visit your restaurant and enjoy the food and the entertainment

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for your understanding and it will be an honor for me and the restaurant to host you for dinner this coming April when you visit Cairo.

Thank you once more.

Sam

Post Thanks / Like

Quick question, and I am probably going to sound stupid because I might up my countries. I promise I am not being snide, I really want to know. Isnt there a ban on foreign dancers? Or has that been overturned?

Incidently, when I went looking for this before I posted it, Wikipedia has an article on belly dance. Chryssanthi, your picture is at the top. I dont know if you gave permission for it to be used, but its a great photo.
    Last edited by nightdancer; 01-05-2008 at 02:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

The ban was lifted a few years ago. Or maybe just one year ago. Or maybe I just shouldn't answer when I don't know any details. Others will know more about this I'm sure.
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sam,

When I saw your avatar and the way described yourself, I was worried. On top of it, you were asking for dancer without giving any details. It was before but now I When we don't know people in person, it is very easy to misunderstand. I am also sorry that I was harsh on you. Hope everything will work out for you.

All the best!
    Janaki

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all. No harm has been done. I am sorry for making you misunderstand me.

There are mo ban on Russian Belly Dancers. But there is a quota ( a number of foreigners to Egyptians ) Hotels & Night Clubs are excluded from this quota.

In fact this was an issue because most of the hotels were aiming foreign belly dancers, because they were more serious and professional ( I mean business oriented )

In my case which is a normal lunch and dinner restaurant ( Not located in a hotel ) I am not allowed for life entertainment ( Only Music ). So we are trying to convince the Tourism Ministry to give us a temporary license for ONLY foreign belly dancers, to prove that we are not into a night club project and that we are trying to present a new type of restaurants.

If you had the chance to visit Moscow, there is a chain of a Lebanese restaurants owned by a young Lebanese which offers only Belly Dancing entertainment from 08:00 PM to 04:00 AM, while you are having a meal. 10 minutes of dancing every 20 minutes. Which means 3 times in an hour.

This is totally new for Egypt, as belly dancing licenses is offered to Hotels and night clubs ONLY and not to normal dining restaurants.

Thank you for kind understanding and once I get the licenses will get in touch with Chryssanthi for further advises and support.

Thanks and I wish all a Happy New year 2008. Wish me luck please in completing my project.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nightdancer View Post
    Incidently, when I went looking for this before I posted it, Wikipedia has an article on belly dance. Chryssanthi, your picture is at the top. I dont know if you gave permission for it to be used, but its a great photo.
    Dear Nightdancer.
    Yes, I gave permission for the picture It was a fan of mine who put it in there, but he asked me first and I had nothing against it I'm glad you like it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast