Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi, I am Sam

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post

If you had the chance to visit Moscow, there is a chain of a Lebanese restaurants owned by a young Lebanese which offers only Belly Dancing entertainment from 08:00 PM to 04:00 AM, while you are having a meal. 10 minutes of dancing every 20 minutes. Which means 3 times in an hour..
    Dear Sam, I know this kind of entertainment from Greece. There are Oriental restaurants in Athens and Thessaloniki where the dancers also dance 3-4 times an hour. But I can imagine that for many people in the forum here it sounds quite strange, that there are so many performances an hour during so many hours. You know, in most European countries (and as far as I know in USA) dancers in restaurants don't dance more that two times for the entire evening (usually with a brake of half or mostly one hour between the two shows). I suppose that one reason is, that belly dancers in Western countries are lot more expensive than in Russia or in Egypt (of course I'm not talking about the stars there) and the other thing is that Westerners cannot watch belly dancing for long time, since it is unusual for them.
    I suppose though that you are going to have more than one dancers performing in an evening, won't you? Because I cannot imagine one dancer dancing 3 times an hour for 8 hours That would be veeeeryyyy exhausting

.Thanks and I wish all a Happy New year 2008. Wish me luck please in completing my project.
    I wish you good luck and may the project be a success

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, in fact we have to have one dancer for every three tables. We have a total of 24 tables and 5 sofa's. Also we have a large aisle for dancing in front the tables and sofa's. This is the design of the place. So we are aiming around 8 to 10 dancers. But it will only for 5 hours between 10 PM and 3 AM.

Still need a loooot of luck :-) Thanks for the support.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, in fact we have to have one dancer for every three tables. We have a total of 24 tables and 5 sofa's. Also we have a large aisle for dancing in front the tables and sofa's. This is the design of the place. So we are aiming around 8 to 10 dancers.
    ??? Do you want to let more than one dancers dance at the same time? O.k., as I said in my former posting, I've seen this often in some places in Greece, but in this case you don't really need good dancers. You just need some whatever dancers. And if I am honest, I don't think that any good dancer would like to perform under these conditions. A dancer who has good repertory wants the audience to watch her performance (I mean only her performance, not her performing simultaneously with other dancers). But anyway, I'm sure you'll find some girls that would like to dance under those conditions. Dancing in Egypt is interesting for quite some dancers, it is anyway a particular experience.

Post Thanks / Like

I second Chryssanthi. It sounds like what you are looking for is atmosphere instead of a show. An established, pro would probably not agree to that. But for someone who is trying to break into the scene they may relish that kind of opportunity as a resume builder...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssanthi
    but in this case you don't really need good dancers. You just need some whatever dancers. And if I am honest, I don't think that any good dancer would like to perform under these conditions.
    I can imagine professional dancers don't want to work under these conditions. But... "whatever" dancers... that means not very good dancers with too little experience who might give the dance a bad name? Aiaiai, not good, not good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I can imagine professional dancers don't want to work under these conditions. But... "whatever" dancers... that means not very good dancers with too little experience who might give the dance a bad name? Aiaiai, not good, not good
    Well, the bitter truth is that the dance doesn't have a particularly good name in the countries of Middle East anyway. But at least people there can distinguish if a dancer is good or bad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123