ishtar

miss_shimmy

dear all

I am sad to say that I am leaving oriental dancer,I havnt posted here a while,as when I have posted often there has been not very nice replies,for those of you that have been beautiful to me,thankyou.
Ishtar is a very good friend of mine and recentley here she has been slandered.Here at oriental dance.I felt very ashamed and embarrassed to be a moderator of a place that so often slanders other dancers.I myself posted a video,and well,I didnt post anymore after that one.

Oriental dancer is making quite a name for itself because of the ''bitchniness''its not something I am wanting to be associated with at all.

love and shimmies

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Maria_Aya

Dear miss Shimmy !!!
This is so sad !!
You are an active member of this online community, and i'm sorry you feel this way.
I personal believe that orientaldancer net is the most truth to our personalities and to dance forum online without the "licking" big names for being "nice and good".
If this is called "bitchiness" from some people then its their own problem, and they have to see it from another point of view. And also be truth watching their own work, and not what they want to advertize as.
Yes sometimes we are tuff speaking, but we dont have any personal matter with anyone (at least this is the way i see it) and we do it from the love for the dance we all are passioned for.
Pls reconsider and stay with us.

With dance friendship
Maria Aya

p.s. just realized that found this message late......

Last edited:

Lydia

OOOOOOOOO THAT IS SAD!!! i dont know what to say i am gonna read some of the mail that you think was not nice and made you upset i was not aware that this was going on
You know i was upset at 1 point and wanted to stop but then i felt perhaps it was al a misunderstanding and i stayd (luckely)
Please try to reread and to think it over ?
i am sorry that you feel like this, perhaps its all a misunderstanding you know mails sometimes sound differant than it supose to.....come on sweety stay with us....:(Hugs Lydia

Safran

Dear Miss Shimmy...

I was wondering where you had disappeared, as you used to be such an active poster. I do feel sad about you leaving and about the fact that you feel that OD is not a nice place. And although it seems like you've already made up your mind, Id like to argue with you a bit... ;) For me OD is one of the most sincere internet forums I've seen. I do feel that people actually do speak their mind and tell how things are in their persective... Of course, sometimes our perspective does get carried away - both in the bad, in the good and in the crazy, but that is human... And there are plenty of sensible posters and threads which bring us back to regular forum life. Maybe you could have been the voice of reason when people were discussing your friend? You apparently know her better than others, so you could have presented us the side of her people on the forum necessarily hadn't noticed. Maybe, especially as you are a moderator, you could be the voice of reason when you think we are slandering other dancers. I strongly believe that OD is what we ourselves make of it...

Take care, and I hope you will find the strength to overlook the problems and stay with us

Maariku

Lydia

I can t even find anything on the subject gosh how did i mis it then?? so sorry miss shimmy ,i dont want you to be upset...and i dont even know what it is about?? take care big hug Lydia

sedoniaraqs

teela

Miss Shimmy, I am very sorry you feel you need to depart over what you perceive as bitchiness. If someone posts videos on youtubes, then they are fair game for critiques. If someone works as a teacher, they are held to a higher standards than someone who is a student. If you are a professional, you are held to a much higher standard. What was discussed was no different than say discussing Julia Roberts in her movies or Pamela Lee Anderson. Once a person become a "Public" figure, they are going to recieve all sorts of comments both good and bad. The comments did not seem to bother Ishtar so please do not take it personally. You have some wonderful insights to share with the Forum.

Ranya

I too feel really sorry about this whole thing. But I want also to second all the posts which state that what was discussed was the dance style of Ishtar and not her person, mostly the fact that what she labels to be "authentic/traditional bellydance" was not. I do not perceive this forum to be "bitchy" but direct and I guess that every member is sooner or later critised at some point but the point of this critique is not to get bitchy but rather to give advice or to correct. Not mentioning the fact that, YES, when you put your video online you have to accept that some people won't like it. This is one of the rare forums where noone praises the other just because they're famous. Definitely there is a majority of egyptian-style oriented dancer's in here but as you might have seen by yourself that does not mean that everything not egyptian is being shunned in here. On the contrary! Every form of bellydance is beautiful as long as it is bellydance and not something else labeled as belly dance.
Have a very nice evening.