Post Thanks / Like

Question BellyDance and stress and frustration..?

Hi, i think i once posted about this b4 but i find sometimes if im angry or frustrated or stressed about something i feel an urge to "dance it away" and that means turn on the music and just DANCE lol till i feel better,, i think its very therapeutic,, of course im still a practice dancer and i have to sort of abandon the sort of choreographed feeling that comes with practice but it feels good to let loose LOL ,, anyone else experience this?? Also,, another question that stems from the previous one.... when u are a seasoned dancer,, do u still have that sort of choroegraphed feeling when u dance? Or do u just go with the adrenaline flow that u get as a reaction to the music... or am i totally insane LOL ,,anyone?????

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I love putting the music on and just boogying away, it's much better than getting angry, and more fun that doing the dusting which is what my mother used to tell me to do!
    Improv is just the best way to dance IMHO - and it's something I've been told the more seasoned dancers do most of all instead of choreographed dances.
    BTW no way are you totally insane - that's the definition of someone who doesn't dance at all!

Post Thanks / Like

It is absolutely therapeutic! It really feels like it soothes the soul...that's why a few days ago I was having a really bad day...feeling blue...so I went to go dance (at work we have a little gym area) well there's usually no one in there at that time and I have it to myself and dance...well that day someone was in there...I ended up crying because I was so disappointed because I NEEDED to dance and that was the last straw...it was what I needed to feel better and I wasn't able to...I absolutely cherish that time that i just dance and don't worry about anyone watching or screwing up or looking silly...it' s just me and the music.