Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salome in India

Post Thanks / Like

Default Salome in India

Greetings forum members Salome reporting from India. I am on an extended performance contract in Indore at the Sayaji Grand hotel. I have a tradition of making a 'contract thread' sharing pix and news etc. Unfortunately all my previous contract threads were lost with the hack many moons back but it's time for a new one anyway!

As some of you know, I had spent about 4 years doing contracts abroad but this past year we took a break from the road. I got to teach classes, workshops, and enjoy the holidays with friends and family. But recently I was given an offer I could hardly refuse, so here we are!

It was about 33 hours of solid travel, including layovers, from Eugene, OR to Indore, India. The entire trip was without incident, always nice. Usually in 5 star hotel contracts you get one day and night to rest before starting the show. Which can be grueling. However here I was given a week. So my daily program so far has been sleeping and eating I have service, a nice perk in this industry. They cook my food, wash my clothes, clean my room, drive me around. After doing those things for my family this last year I forgot how pampering it feels. I'll be a spoiled brat before long

One sad event... our laptop power adapter fried when we plugged it in our hotel room It's a dell, which is not easy to find in India. So no replacement and no universal can be found. We have to buy one from the states and have it shipped over. So in the mean time I don't have a way to post pictures... But I will before long. In the mean time here is the hotel website Sayaji Hotel for anyone who wants to take a peak.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations, Salome! Hopefully you will get your Dell power issues all worked out so you can upload photos for us and have a working lap top again.

Keep us posted on your adventures!

Post Thanks / Like

Have a great time in Indore Salome. Hope to hear more and see the pics. Hope your laptop problem will be solved soon to so that you can keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Heyyyyyy enjoy your stay and work over there !!
    And post post post many photos (and video's if you can)

Kisses
    Maria Aya

Post Thanks / Like

how lovely! thank you for sharing you experiences with us!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!
    I look forward to this thread. It will be my first exposure to bellydance contract work of this nature.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's a chique hotel
    Enjoy your stay, I hope you have a wonderful time in India. And don't worry, we'll all try to wait patiently for the pictures and videos

Post Thanks / Like

Default INdia

Dear Salome,
    Break a leg!!! (Great hotel... that's some wonderful manager you got!!)
    Love to you and Anatoliy,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

Oh how terrific that you're back in India and sharing your talent with your fans there!!!
    Have a wonderful holiday and I VERY much look forward to your photo-journaling when your PC is over it's breakdown!
    Gia

Post Thanks / Like

Have a good time. I'm looking forward to the pictures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast