Salome in India

Salome

Administrator
Greetings forum members :) Salome reporting from India. I am on an extended performance contract in Indore at the Sayaji Grand hotel. I have a tradition of making a 'contract thread' sharing pix and news etc. Unfortunately all my previous contract threads were lost with the hack many moons back but it's time for a new one anyway!

As some of you know, I had spent about 4 years doing contracts abroad but this past year we took a break from the road. I got to teach classes, workshops, and enjoy the holidays with friends and family. But recently I was given an offer I could hardly refuse, so here we are!

It was about 33 hours of solid travel, including layovers, from Eugene, OR to Indore, India. The entire trip was without incident, always nice. Usually in 5 star hotel contracts you get one day and night to rest before starting the show. Which can be grueling. However here I was given a week. So my daily program so far has been sleeping and eating ;) I have service, a nice perk in this industry. They cook my food, wash my clothes, clean my room, drive me around. After doing those things for my family this last year I forgot how pampering it feels. I'll be a spoiled brat before long :lol:

One sad event... our laptop power adapter fried when we plugged it in our hotel room :( It's a dell, which is not easy to find in India. So no replacement and no universal can be found. We have to buy one from the states and have it shipped over. So in the mean time I don't have a way to post pictures... But I will before long. In the mean time here is the hotel website Sayaji Hotel for anyone who wants to take a peak.

Ariella

Congratulations, Salome! Hopefully you will get your Dell power issues all worked out so you can upload photos for us and have a working lap top again.

Keep us posted on your adventures!

janaki

Have a great time in Indore Salome. Hope to hear more and see the pics. Hope your laptop problem will be solved soon to so that you can keep us posted;).

Maria_Aya

Heyyyyyy enjoy your stay and work over there !!
And post post post many photos (and video's if you can)

Kisses
Maria Aya:D

Q-Tip

Congrats!
I look forward to this thread. It will be my first exposure to bellydance contract work of this nature.

Moon

Wow, that's a chique hotel :shok:
Enjoy your stay, I hope you have a wonderful time in India. And don't worry, we'll all try to wait patiently for the pictures and videos ;)

Aisha Azar

INdia

Dear Salome,
Break a leg!!! (Great hotel... that's some wonderful manager you got!!)
Love to you and Anatoliy,
A'isha

Gia al Qamar

Oh how terrific that you're back in India and sharing your talent with your fans there!!!
Have a wonderful holiday and I VERY much look forward to your photo-journaling when your PC is over it's breakdown!
Gia

Dev

Have a good time Salome, I hope you enjoying the weather up in Indore, Sayaji is a very nice hotel. I hope you having a celebrity time in India, ;)just keep way from BAJRANG dal.

Regards

Salome

Administrator
Hello from a very sunny Indore :) Still waiting for my laptop adapter to arrive, hopefully some time this next week. So no pictures to share, yet.

The Sayaji does a very brisk wedding business, there is a wedding party every single night of the week here! Some of the more elaborate wedding parties have a street procession at night - complete with mobile band, fire, fire works and a lot of hoopla that comes up the street and into the hotel grounds. We plan on getting some pictures so stay tuned for that.

There are 9 venues inside the hotel each complete with a theme for the new years celebration. The Sayaji is saving my first appearance as the feature of New Years Eve, so I've been on a two week paid vacation. What's a girl to do, lol :) Hope everyone has a great New Year's Eve!!

Zurah

Break an anklet Salome! (I'm not into wishing anyone to break a leg, tradition or not :)) What a wonderful way to say goodbye to the old year and start a new one!

Salome

Administrator
Namaste from Indore :) It is hard to believe, but in two more weeks this contract will be over. Wow, it has flown by. Unfortunately my laptop situation was never resolved so my photo report will have to wait until we get back stateside. I perform about four days a week - 5 sets a night - that's a lot of costume changes! It's been great, wonderful crowds, the club I perform in is beautiful. I'll be sad to say goodbye. Fireworks, the big kind we see on July 4th, is pretty much a nightly event. A couple hundred yards from my window they shoot off huge fireworks during the weddings. It's really spectacular.

Mosaic

Super Moderator
The time has flown hasn't it, I look forward to the photos when you get back. By the way Dell is in Malaysia, My Dells are all shipped from Malaysia to Aussie. It's a wonder dell USA didn't get the part shipped from there as it would have only taken a few days.
~Mosaic

Salome

Administrator
The whole thing turned into such a debacle! I ordered one from ebay and had it shipped here usps but it never showed up (still hasn't). I bought another one and had it sent by dhl (this one came from China) it did arrive and worked for two hours before it also exploded. I know it seems blonde of me but you know it takes 240 volts and I've used this same type of adapter and laptop on every Near and Far East contract I've had without a hitch. Including contracts I've had here in this very country. Clearly here, in this hotel at least, the current spikes quite a bit above 240. I ordered ANOTHER adapter but this time planned on getting a surge protector. Come to find out surge protectors are quite spendy here and I'm already in soo much money on this damn thing and considering that it's only two weeks till departure I just figured forget it! :wall:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
The whole thing turned into such a debacle! I ordered one from ebay and had it shipped here usps but it never showed up (still hasn't). I bought another one and had it sent by dhl (this one came from China) it did arrive and worked for two hours before it also exploded. I know it seems blonde of me but you know it takes 240 volts and I've used this same type of adapter and laptop on every Near and Far East contract I've had without a hitch. Including contracts I've had here in this very country. Clearly here, in this hotel at least, the current spikes quite a bit above 240. I ordered ANOTHER adapter but this time planned on getting a surge protector. Come to find out surge protectors are quite spendy here and I'm already in soo much money on this damn thing and considering that it's only two weeks till departure I just figured forget it! :wall:

Oh goodness! What a schmozzle Well someone in India has a new adapter and are probably using it as an ornament .. India & Indonesia -(Java in particular) are 2 huge problem areas when receiving parcels Don't blame you at all giving up on it all! Very weird that the hotel didn't make sure they had the correct voltage, I wonder how many people have had electrical items blow up on them
Hope all goes well for the rest of your stay
~Mosaic

Shanazel

Maybe some of those fireworks are actually thousands and thousands of adapters blowing up...

I am looking forward to seeing your pictures.