ariellah's yoga and bd dvd

charity

this is a question for those who have the dvd or maybe for anyone that can understand my move description.

ok you start out doing a sort of arm undulation but it looks like a tug of war between your arms layered on top of a ribcage 8. her head nearly rests on the lifted shoulder of her arm undulation as she does a slow ribcage 8.

my question is this...HOW?

i tried to just hold my arms out in neutral while doing ribcage 8's over and over and i would think the arms would have a natural tendency to follow behind this move but mine dont or wont, cant, refuse...

so if anyone can break down this move for me, step by tiny step it might help. and by tiny step i mean shoulder, elbow, wrist...

Q-Tip

I have the dvd and I do a portion of it everyday, alas the move you describe is one that I can't do yet - sorry I know that doesn't help. I tend to stick to the first set of drills.

charity

well i looked at it again, objectively, forgetting what i think i know about the move and it isnt a ribcage 8 at all. its a body wave that starts with the shoulder lift of the arm undulation. this turns out to be a LOT easier.

charity

yes i love the ah-hah moment. you just stop trying and it hits you but this is not one unfortunately. :(

i was wrong BOTH times about the move. it IS a semi-8 and it is hard. i had to break it down r-e-a-l slow. this move will take me some serious practice time.