Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Reen, we need your hugs. Pls keep them coming

I think all serious posters/gaming addcits like Shanazel and Moon(LOL) contribute a lot of great stuff to this forum. Off topic subjects make this forum light and friendly. People write about recipes to personal stuff. I don't particiapte in the games but I follow every game. LOL. And boy oh boy, don't we all need compassion. I love it when Reen pops up and gives us hugs. She is one of the angles in this forum.

Post Thanks / Like

PS Shanazel, why is your letter not Scarlet?????
    I tried several times to color it properly, but something about the format would not allow me to do it. Alas. It is scarlet in my heart.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

I hadn't noticed this discussion (due to holiday madness and lack of time), and I have to say I'm the one responsible for the lost posts When the old word thread got too big and slow, I thought I'd better start a new thread for it and delete the old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zurah View Post
    Hi all,

I hadn't noticed this discussion (due to holiday madness and lack of time), and I have to say I'm the one responsible for the lost posts When the old word thread got too big and slow, I thought I'd better start a new thread for it and delete the old.
    Hi BDPD,
    Is there a cyber punishment??? LOL.

Hi Zurah,
    You poor thing! don't feel bad!!!
    Happy holidays to you.

Janaki

Post Thanks / Like

All is forgiven, Zurah! In fact some of us thank you for allowing us to look less gabby than we are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    LOL I also had to laugh, TribalDancer! Shanazel and I are not that happy with our obvious forum addiction.

There's this other forum I often visit where people get certain privileges by post amount, but also based on how long you've been a member. And because those posts have to be quality posts, the posts made in game section and greeting new members don't count!

*giving you another hit*
    C'mon...OrientalDancer is just a gateway forum...there is so much more....
    LOL

I like that. I like the idea of off-topic posts being out of the count. I am also often intrigued by the idea of rating posts up or down, but have seen how it can play out strangely on tech boards, and am not sure it's important enough to implement elsewhere. I guess reputation kind of does that. But I am not allowed to push up the reputation of anyone individually too much. Like Aziyade often rocks my socks, but I have given her too much reputation and it won't let me give her any more right now. *harumph*

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't competition a funny thing? I never thought about how many posts anyone had until Moon started teasing me about hurrying to pass her so she could gracefully slip into numerical anonimity. It has been a big joke ever since and I'm surprised to find some folks take the matter very seriously. Personally, I'd love to see a feature added to allow us to choose to hide the number of posts we make. The first one to sign up would be me unless Moon stayed up late that night and saw it first.

Could you explain what you mean by rating posts up and down? This is the only forum I participate on and I don't understand how it differs from the approve/disapprove choices under reputation. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Shanazel,

you can rate each thread giving it a certain number of stars, depending on how you feel about it, from terrible to excellent. At the top of every thread there are "Thread Tools" "Search this Thread" and "Rate Thread", if you click rate thread you get to do just that.

Post Thanks / Like

I understood that about threads, though the information bears repeating. I was wondering about rating posts as mentioned by Tribaldancer, which I took to mean other members rating individual postings by a member. That's kind of a scary proposition, if you ask me, to think someone might anonymously blackball a member every time he or she opens their cyber-mouth. Am I misunderstanding all together?

Post Thanks / Like

Shanazel, shame on you, you are over 3000 again! Where is my big scarlet letter? LOL LOL LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast