DID we lose certain amount of posts?

gisela

Super Moderator
Well, I believe I just read today that the old word game was to be deleted, so that might be the reason for all the lost posts.

"The lost posts"- a christmas mystery tale in a digital setting.

janaki

Well, I believe I just read today that the old word game was to be deleted, so that might be the reason for all the lost posts.

"The lost posts"- a christmas mystery tale in a digital setting.

Hahahaha!!! I am not sure if I lost any posts or not. But I would like to jump in participate in this Christmas mistery tale. Just wondering does it mean you loose your titles like senior member, VIP etc.,???LOL

Lydia

Yes Reen i also hade the same i have lost i think more than 100 LOL I know i hade like 1224 and i am back to 1040 !!

Moon

Ohh, that's why Shanazel lost more posts than I did (aaagh!)
Now our over-3000 threads seem a bit rediculous :confused:

Shanazel

I like games, the more ridiculous the better (and I'm not the only one- witness the popularity of rhino-typing:)). Never claimed to have posted 3000 brilliant comments, so am not particularly crushed by the loss of credit for some of them. Heaven knows how many I'd have had the original forum not been hacked. Personally, I don't think it would hurt for monitors to periodically go through their sections and delete threads that are no longer pertinent (such as threads for costumes that have been sold, events that are long over) but that's just my legal assistant papershuffler persona shining through.

TribalDancer

I often feel like the number of posts things becomes a false scale by which to note people's participation, because of those very word games. There are lots of people with high post counts who play lots of word games or contribute stuff like "Yeah, I agree" and other stuff that doesn't really amount to much. Yet it looks impressive when your post count gets really high, and some forums even extend priviledges to higher post counts. Makes no sense overall, though I understand what it is TRYING to do.

Last edited:

Shanazel

High post counts look impressive? Oh, my dear, if you knew how that makes me laugh. You must've missed the determined race between Moon and me to NOT have the most posts. (She won, by the way, but I am determined to be the loser in 2008, no matter who I lose to!)

Hey, here's an idea. We could add a new symbol to all those clustered under our names to the left of our posts: a scarlet for "addicted to games" for any forum member posting over x number of times in the games section.

Last edited:

Moon

LOL I also had to laugh, TribalDancer! Shanazel and I are not that happy with our obvious forum addiction.

There's this other forum I often visit where people get certain privileges by post amount, but also based on how long you've been a member. And because those posts have to be quality posts, the posts made in game section and greeting new members don't count!

Reen.Blom

I think it really depends on one's personality! Some people ONLY post valuble comments and BIG thank you to all of them! Some dont post much and are a lurkers! And I confess I am one of those that post something like "I agree" and 'that lookis great'....LOL Just because I like to pop in and give everyone hugs!!!!

I know many people dislike to see so many posts in off topic and games area vs serious topics... but hey like it or not the forums became much bigger than just discussion board.... for some of us (like me) who are not all that sociable the forum is about the only place to hang out and just socialize! (Join the club of Cyber-Maniacs - I even met my fiance in chat)... SO hi count in game threads? Fine with me - just a way to know each other better, sometimes just gossip and complain about little things.... Isnt how we make longt-distance friends after all???

Hugs to All!

PS Shanazel, why is your letter not Scarlet?????

janaki

Hi Reen, we need your hugs. Pls keep them coming

I think all serious posters/gaming addcits like Shanazel and Moon(LOL) contribute a lot of great stuff to this forum. Off topic subjects make this forum light and friendly. People write about recipes to personal stuff. I don't particiapte in the games but I follow every game. LOL. And boy oh boy, don't we all need compassion. I love it when Reen pops up and gives us hugs. She is one of the angles in this forum.

Shanazel

PS Shanazel, why is your letter not Scarlet?????

I tried several times to color it properly, but something about the format would not allow me to do it. Alas. It is scarlet in my heart.

Zurah

Hi all,

I hadn't noticed this discussion (due to holiday madness and lack of time), and I have to say I'm the one responsible for the lost posts :redface: When the old word thread got too big and slow, I thought I'd better start a new thread for it and delete the old.

janaki

Hi all,

I hadn't noticed this discussion (due to holiday madness and lack of time), and I have to say I'm the one responsible for the lost posts :redface: When the old word thread got too big and slow, I thought I'd better start a new thread for it and delete the old.

Hi BDPD,
Is there a cyber punishment??? LOL.

Hi Zurah,
You poor thing! don't feel bad!!!
Happy holidays to you.

Janaki

TribalDancer

LOL I also had to laugh, TribalDancer! Shanazel and I are not that happy with our obvious forum addiction.

There's this other forum I often visit where people get certain privileges by post amount, but also based on how long you've been a member. And because those posts have to be quality posts, the posts made in game section and greeting new members don't count!

*giving you another hit*
C'mon...OrientalDancer is just a gateway forum...there is so much more....
LOL

I like that. I like the idea of off-topic posts being out of the count. I am also often intrigued by the idea of rating posts up or down, but have seen how it can play out strangely on tech boards, and am not sure it's important enough to implement elsewhere. I guess reputation kind of does that. But I am not allowed to push up the reputation of anyone individually too much. Like Aziyade often rocks my socks, but I have given her too much reputation and it won't let me give her any more right now. *harumph*

Shanazel

Isn't competition a funny thing? I never thought about how many posts anyone had until Moon started teasing me about hurrying to pass her so she could gracefully slip into numerical anonimity. It has been a big joke ever since and I'm surprised to find some folks take the matter very seriously. Personally, I'd love to see a feature added to allow us to choose to hide the number of posts we make. The first one to sign up would be me unless Moon stayed up late that night and saw it first;).

Could you explain what you mean by rating posts up and down? This is the only forum I participate on and I don't understand how it differs from the approve/disapprove choices under reputation. Thanks.

Salome

Administrator
Hi Shanazel,

you can rate each thread giving it a certain number of stars, depending on how you feel about it, from terrible to excellent. At the top of every thread there are "Thread Tools" "Search this Thread" and "Rate Thread", if you click rate thread you get to do just that.

Shanazel

I understood that about threads, though the information bears repeating. I was wondering about rating posts as mentioned by Tribaldancer, which I took to mean other members rating individual postings by a member. That's kind of a scary proposition, if you ask me, to think someone might anonymously blackball a member every time he or she opens their cyber-mouth. Am I misunderstanding all together?

Reen.Blom

Shanazel, shame on you, you are over 3000 again! Where is my big scarlet letter? LOL LOL LOL