Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

At the Nile festival there were two little girls who particularly stole my heart. One was the daughter of Mohammed Kazafy and what a talented little creature she was, and the other was the daughter of one of the costume makers.

Kazaky's daughter, well I guess you might expect her to be talented, it's fair to say it really is in her genes! I have a fab clip where, during an interval, she leapt up on the stage and did a fabulous improv performance to a sha'abi number.

The other little girl, Sha'at, just loved to dance. Whenever she saw me she would ask me to dance with her just there in the middle of the hallway to whatever music was on!

The weird thing is that it didn't look weird or wrong, like some of those clips on youtube do. Perhaps it's the cultural filter at work. In the same way that I've seen little girls in England dancing & singing along to the PussyCat dolls and it doesn't look perverse, belly dance by little Egyptian girls doesn't look weird.

What I think looks a bit weird are the baby belly dance costumes, but then I find baby bikinis a bit weird too!

My friend is a really talented photographer and he has a lovely photo of a little toddler girl standing alone on a beach as naked as the day she was born, staring whistfully out to sea. A truly adorable picture, he confessed he was actually confronted about why he was taking pictures of naked children ! I know we live in a sick world but it's quite sad that everything has become so cynical and tainted .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eshta View Post
    At the Nile festival there were two little girls who particularly stole my heart. One was the daughter of Mohammed Kazafy and what a talented little creature she was, and the other was the daughter of one of the costume makers.

Kazaky's daughter, well I guess you might expect her to be talented, it's fair to say it really is in her genes! I have a fab clip where, during an interval, she leapt up on the stage and did a fabulous improv performance to a sha'abi number.
    Ow, I saw her dance several times, it was impressive... Especially those hair tosses she did!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456