Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Everyone Thank you all for your wonderful advice and suggestions! This weekend was definitely a success.

Gia al Qamar: Thank you for the information on a stereo! Even if I do not purchase this particular model, I can use the technical specifications to target a stereo that has similar sound output. $100 is totally reasonable for a stereo if I know it is high enough quality

Janaki: Oh I hope I can come to Hong Kong someday! I was supposed to travel there with work this past September but I ended up changing jobs and missed out If it ever looks like my long dreamed of trip to China will become a reality, you will be the first to know By the way, I love your new avatar something about that picture just looks so elegant...

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year Rio,

I am glad that it was a success!!!
    Pls do let me know if you come to this part of the world. I would love to meet you. That pic of mine was taken in our studio xmas party early Dec. I was sitting on the floor near the stage and watching a little girl dance!!! Tks for the compliment.

Hugs
    Janaki

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to help! My advice is to arm yourself with knowledge and $$$ and your favorite CD and/or iPod and head to the store to shop...crank the volumn...walk around and listen to how it sounds upclose and far away...give it a test drive!
    ESPECIALLY post-holidays...you're bound to find bargains!
    Good luck and let us know how you make out!
    Gia

Post Thanks / Like

Big Grin

Well, I ended up purchasing this one: Sony Xplod

Ordering it online allowed me to not pay tax and get free shipping. I had to purchase a $17 cable that lets me plug in my mp3 player but now I can play any type of music I could possibly want and I can play it LOUD! I was test driving it in the house while one of my roommates was home and we both nearly had to leave the room to save our ear drums It's not tiny, but it has a comfortable handle and it seems to be pretty darn good quality for the price. Thanks Gia for getting me started on the right path!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!!! Happy to help...you'll find that having your own portable sound system works for classes, workshops, gigs...it'll pay for itself VERY quickly!
    Gia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12