Boy am I new

Gabi

and also old (55, late bloomer), I've had three knee operations and have a torn psoas and seriously tweaked periformis - that's OK, they are getting better.

I wish I'd started BD sooner but what the heck, I'm basically in sound shape (regardless of the above drama stuff).

I've been taking lessons for about a month and a half now and I stoked - I hope this will continue until I'm too decrepit to move.

So hi all and wish me luck :eek:

Last edited:

Lydia

boy i am new

Hi Gaby,best of luck!!!! and welcome to this forum i am sure you wil love it..and happy dancing .lydia

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Entirely cool! I love it when older folks get up to dance, esp. Belly Dance. They have that whole life experience thing that adds an entirely new depth to the dance.

Besides, 55 isn't that old!

tim ema

Welcome Gaby!
I'm sure bellydancing will put off the "decrepit" stage for a long time! LOL!!

I've haven't been doing it for even as long as you and my lower back is MUCH better for it!

:)
AT

Mouse

Hi Gabi - Welcome! I know some ladies that have recently taken up bellydance and they are well into their 70's and they are having a ball and loving it, so it just goes to prove that it doesn't matter what age you are bellydance is for everyone :)

miss_shimmy

hi

hugs

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)