Email notifications

karena

Please help. I have selected no email notifications when threads I have posted on are replied to (or at least I think I have) but am still getting them. :(
Any ideas? :think:

gisela

Super Moderator
Did you choose "unsubscribe" somewhere in your user cp? It worked for me but I don't quite remember exactly what I did.

karena

Sorry should have said that in my original post - no use to man nor beast! :doh:

In user CP, I did edit options, then set "Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Default Thread Subscription Mode:" to "no email notifications".

? :confused:

gisela

Super Moderator
Well :think:, one would expect that to mean "no email notifications", wouldn´t one?
I have the "Do not subscribe"-option. I also marked all the subscribed threads and picked "delete subscription" in the roll-down menu under the list of subscribed threads. I never get any notifications any more but also sometimes can't remember if I already posted in the thread or not.;)

karena

Thanks Gisela. I have tried "do not subscribe" now. I shall have to wait and see when someone replies to a thread I have posted on....

Btw, I'm not sure why you would be interested at all, but hey I'm bored, but I once visited Denmark. I stayed on Fyn (spelling), and then the most westerly island. I was cycle touring, staying on lovely little farm sites. It was lovely, although it rained every single day we were there, and that was 3 weeks! Visited Copenhagen for one day. Oh and I can say carrot roll in good Danish, the lady in a shop taught me after I said it wrong every day for a week!

gisela

Super Moderator
haha, that's a VERY useful word to know! Do you mean "gulerodsbolle"?(and "Fyn" is correct, btw). The Danish pronounciation is just a killer, soooo difficult. I have been living here for over five years and I speak good danish, but some words just do not come out of my mouth at ALL. It's like they stick to my throat and won't take form.:lol:

I remembered an old thread on subscriptions which I must have read and followed. Here it is(scroll down for Anatoliys' advice):
http://forum.orientaldancer.net/chat-about-web-site/1139-automatically-subscribed-threads.html

karena

Thanks for finding that. You're a star. I didn't get a notification of your reply to this so I think it has worked, but I am still getting messages on threads I replied to a while ago, which makes sense as I was subscribed prior to changing my settings.

That is the word. Danish pronunciation is like no other I've seen. The words look like German, but are pronounced crazily! And yes I do gullerodsbolle by basically holding it in my mouth and throat rather than speaking in my usual way. Oh but my favourite just remembered, 'hi' for hello and 'hi hi' for good bye! I loved saying that. One guy who spoke little English but tried to speak to us, said 'hello hello' when he was trying to say goodbye. That made my day.