New Moderator

Recnadocir

Dear OD friends,

I have been appointed by Her Majesty Salome I, Queen of the Belly Dance, Sultana of the Shimmy, May She Reign Ten Times Ten Thousand Years, etc. etc., to be Lord High Moderator of this forum. Nothing will change much, please continue to be scintillating. The odd sheep reference may continue to appear, non-sequitorally or otherwise, but other than that...

I encourage you all to continue to post links to interesting male belly dancers you find on line, here. Please note, however that if they are better than me (doubtful) I shall summarily delete them! If they are not so practised as me, which is generally the case, I may poke light-hearted fun at them. All part of the plan.

Last edited:

Suhad

Congratulations, oh High lord of the sheep fields and dancing shepherds. May you reign at least a tenth as long as Salome.

Shanazel

Oh, Lord High Moderator, perhaps you should consider the title Pharoah- it seems in your new position, carrying a crook and flail would be highly appropriate, and I am sure you would look adorable in one of those long goatees.

Recnadocir

Great idea Shanazel- my sheeps would no doubt love me in a "goat"ee, and the food that would no doubt collect there would tide me over in the long northern months of cold and no sun!:D

Recnadocir

And on the subject of sheep, and their young...

Dusk, Tuilleries
2006 Rick Heiman

Le soir comes on muffled feet
Cloaks the light with shades of taupe and pearls and slides and slides
Among the stone trees of this garden where the couples promenade
Like resolute and stoic lovers Gallic couples promenade and talk of what
I cannot hear, le soir will sing of what I cannot hear and bathe each statue
With the cloak of lambs, and of the lamb we must inevitably chant and fold each
Breath unto itself

There is a place between the moments just between the day and dusk a place where
Time is soft suspended and le soir stands with his lamb and waits for lovers promenading
To enfold one more time all their slender absolutions their endless accommodations their
Surrender to the evening

And le soir comes on muffled feet
And slides and slides
A sarabande in grey
He wraps his cloak one more time and the lamb and lovers
And the night