Thread: Hello :)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello :)

I'm 'new' here, actually I've been lurking a while and felt it was rude not to introduce myself

My names' Dawn and I live in BC, Canada. I've been dancing for about 7-8 years, though not recently. I was diagnosed with MS and was really ill, wasn't able to walk (much less dance) for almost a year. I'm trying to get up the gumption to start again, I have several friends that would like me to show them a thing or two (I've done one-off workshops in the past) so I'm trying to get myself into my dancer mindset, which is why I'm here. Look forward to meeting you all!

*curtsey*

Post Thanks / Like

There is a DVD out at amazon concerning belly dancing and chairs. I'm sorry I don't remember the actual name. I don't know if its any good but you might want to check that one out. Welcome and its good having you here. I have hip issues where some days they hurt a tremendous amount but I still push forward and do some sort of dance, be it work on arms, or ribs, I try to do something to do with belly dance. I hope you are able to get into the dance frame of mind and again Welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Teela!