Jim Boz?

Suhad

Any experiences with him?

I took a workshop with him this past weekend, it was a lot of fun but intimidating at times. I really enjoyed the oriental combos workshop on Sunday -- I learned a lot.

Salome

Administrator
Hi Suhad,

that's great that you had a good experience. He used to be a moderator here for a time... So what was intimidating about the workshop?

Suhad

Intimidating because I let it be, partly; I don't think he meant it to be that way. (at least I hope not!) I would be intimidated if I took a workshop from some of you here on this forum as well due to your experience and skill, and wanting to "measure up" favorably, so to speak. Intimidating also because he came and stood directly in front of me for (what seemed like) minutes at a time watching what I was doing.

That part became part of a game for me because I was really nervous, but I also was not only getting the combos and choreography but I KNOW that music and I was enjoying getting into the spirit of the piece; the game was with me to see if I could do it without messing up even with him giving me the 'hairy eyeball' as my husband says. ;)

Suhad

Dancing with Grak, huh? Only if he had a tankard of martinis in his hand I'll wager :D and never spilled a drop!