I think a spammer is PMing me. What do I do?

Mousse

Hello, gorgeous Ones

I got a notice of a PM here, so I came and saw that it was from someone who has not made any posts at all. There is a link to a site that I did not want to click on.

Who should I write to on this site so they can check out this person? I suspect they are a spammer. I get loads of this sort of thing on my own sites.

OOXX ~Mousse~

gisela

Super Moderator
you could PM Salome or Anatoliy, (the admins) and they will probably do something about it.
Good on you for not falling for lousy spam-tricks!

Salome

Administrator
Hello members,

if you get a spam message via private message please report it to me as soon as possible.

Gilana

Salome

I also got one yesterday. From "Jeannette", no posts on this site...leading me to a website that I also didn't open. Message is about Buddhism.

Nicki

I also got a PM from "Jeannette" yesterday, but I deleted it immediately, and I didn´t go to the website.
I just wondered why anyone with no posts at all would bother to send me a PM, so I had a feeling that it could be a spammer.

Chani

I got it too. It's spam but the link isn't to anything offensive from what I could see. Chani

adiemus

I got this one a couple of days ago and ignored it...
hi happy new year ,,,, we are nada group from Egypt and we have work shop make belly dance costumes ,,, we have over 120 models for costumes ,,, plz if u are interested mail us at ( nada_group2@yahoo.com ) to send our pictuers for bellydance costumes ) , thx

Nat242

I got a PM from Jeanette about Buddhism. Sorry for not reporting this sooner, I didn't know what the protocol was, so I just ignored it.

Jet Phoenix

Yep, Me too!

I got the one from Jeanette as well. I just wrote "Hi" back. I thought the message was scanty to say the least.

:think:

Mosaic

Super Moderator
Salome

I also got one yesterday. From "Jeannette", no posts on this site...leading me to a website that I also didn't open. Message is about Buddhism.

I also received that PM. The website is about buddhism. Seems a strange way to draw people to a religious site. Actually most buddhists would be horrified at such tactics. So I don't know what this person is up to, it is quite out of character for buddhists to do such things.
~Mosaic