Gentle reminder

Aisha Azar

Photos etc.

Dear Nightdancer,
What a good article!! One of my favorite stages is actually set below the audience and it works out great for them to see everything without seeing "everything", so to speak. Too bad we all can't dance in perfect venues every time. This year at Firstnight my dance company decided we hated the venue that they had assigned us, so we danced in a very large hallway instead. Good thing since they had us in a room that might have held 50 people and about 300 showed up for the show. We are having the worst time trying to convince the board that belly dancers are one of the biggest draws at the event. They think we are making it up!! this year two volunteers have said that they will definitely bring it to the attention of the Board, so we will see. Maybe next year we will not have to create our own venue!!
Regards,
A'isha

Tabitha

I was flashed by a dancer who was wearing nude colored undies and all I kept thinking was, "Barbie? Is that you?"

*elly belly*

i usually wear these tight shorts that match with my costume, covers it up and it doesnt look retarded like my black short shorts go with my purple and black costume :cool:

Farasha Hanem

What?!?

Good morning everyone,

Over the weekend, I was at a school showing. Lots of wonderful dancers, a few things that I imagined us all sitting in the back, saying "Wow, did she really just do that...???" Dance to contemporary American pop song with zero Middle Eastern influence...A'isha, if I'd had your number, I would have called so you could share in the misery. Anyway, one thing that I did want to point out, that I was utterly amazed of. Ladies, if we are performing on a real stage, please do not forget that your audience is several feet below you. That slit in the skirt that is fine for floor dance is not fine for a stage, especially if you arent wearing anything underneath. There was one new dancer, wonderful woman, well-practiced, lovely costumes, I adore her, but I have seen more of her, and so did everyone else in the audience, than we ever needed to. When we are spinning, and the skirt is flared out and looks so lovely, please be sure that all the audience is seeing is your wonderful spin. There was also a tribal dancer that seemed to have lost her skirt and came out only in belt and...I dont know the name of them, but they are fuzzy. On the floor, it would have been cute. Odd, but cute. From a lower audience view, we could see right up. Just something to be aware of.

S-some dancers don't wear underwear?!? You're KIDDING!!! :shok: :shok::shok:

:redface:

Aisha Azar

underwear

Dear Farasha,
There are some few costumes, in dance, in acting, and in life in general, where underwear can totally ruin the line of the garment(s) that one is wearing. There is nothing shocking or weird about not wearing underwear. But, then a perfromer must be aware of other elements in the performance, such as the stage arrangement, the lighting and its effect on the costume, the kind of movements that are going to be used, etc., just like when not wearing underwear in everyday life!
Regards,
A'isha

Farasha Hanem

Dear Farasha,
There are some few costumes, in dance, in acting, and in life in general, where underwear can totally ruin the line of the garment(s) that one is wearing. There is nothing shocking or weird about not wearing underwear. But, then a perfromer must be aware of other elements in the performance, such as the stage arrangement, the lighting and its effect on the costume, the kind of movements that are going to be used, etc., just like when not wearing underwear in everyday life!
Regards,
A'isha

Well, I realize that some clothes do not look well with underwear; I have knit gaucho pants that I don't wear underwear with. What shocked me was that someone could be so unaware about showing everyone her "woo-hoo" while performing on a raised stage! :shok: I...I mean, surely no one would purposefully...I mean, suely not... :confused:

Not on purpose? O.O;;;

Sara

And I thought not wearing knickers during the day was bad :naghty: Lol

I remember watching the BDSS in Paris DVD and looking at Jillina's Drum solo wondering if she had any pants on...

Don't some costumes come with them built in?

Aisha Azar

Dance etc.

And I thought not wearing knickers during the day was bad :naghty: Lol

I remember watching the BDSS in Paris DVD and looking at Jillina's Drum solo wondering if she had any pants on...

Don't some costumes come with them built in?

Dear Sara,
I build almost all of my costumes with some kind of panty now that I am wearing mostly dresses. I construct them so that the dress will not ride up when I lift my arms, and that seems most easily accomplished by building a panty into them.
Regards,
A'isha

Sara

Dear Sara,
I build almost all of my costumes with some kind of panty now that I am wearing mostly dresses. I construct them so that the dress will not ride up when I lift my arms, and that seems most easily accomplished by building a panty into them.
Regards,
A'isha

Now that's common sense! :clap: Some of the dresses with the cutouts could do with them. I once saw someone dancing and it had a patch on her leg and it twisted around while she was dancing and med me cringe :(