Hi all my bellydance fellows, it's me...

Ranya

...Now, I know this looks kinda weird,lol, but I have been on this forum for a little over a year now and somewhere in july 07 I realised that there is this Meet'n'Greet section which I never used and I thought it would be just too dumb to use it six months after one has joined in but then I told to myself - hey, you've been here for so long and you never introduced yourself and just pop in on discussions and all that and people have no clue who you are!
So there it is, after more than a year, my little meet'n'greet thread.
My name is Ranya and ... (NO, I do not have a problem with anything, lol...), I was born in Slovakia, Europe, currently I live in Menton on the Cote d'Azur in France where I study at the Institute of political sciences based in Paris, and I specialize on the Middle East. I started studying oriental dance four years ago, with occasional shows and gigs here and there after two years (and mostly student haflas), helping out my teachers with some beginner classes etc. and since january 07 I have been dancing on a regular basis in a local restaurant. Next year inshallah I will spend a year in Cairo (or Damas) studying arabic (that is the official version haha, but of course a belly dancer in Cairo - you imagine, not just learning arabic! lol).
Besides bellydance I used to take ballet preparation classes when I was a small kid, some ballroom dancing (left after one year) and currently I am taking jazz and hiphop classes for my own pleasure and for wellness purposes but no professional goals.
Have a very nice evening, or morning or afternoon or any time of the day you currently have in your lovely part of the world! :D
oh and ps: I LOOOVE this forum and all the gorgeous and lovely and extraordinary people in here!!!! Hugs and kisses!

janaki

Nice to meet you (again) Ranya!!! LOL
Yes, you seem very familiar. Big welcome family hug to you Ranya. Trip to Egypt sounds excitng. I wsh I could do that.

Salome

Administrator
:lol: Hey I should post a thread in meet and greet too then. I just realized I never did it either. Nice to meet you Ranya ;):cool:

Shanazel

Ranya, how lovely of you to join us! I am sure you will be a credit to the forum!
(I never used the meet and greet feature either. This was the first forum I ever signed up for, and I hadn't a clue about the protocol for introducing oneself. "Hi, I'm Shanazel, and I'm an unrepentant belly dance nutcase.")

Last edited:

Safran

Hey Ranya, nice to meet you :lol::lol::lol:
But really, it is a nice idea. And your "introduction" did clear up the confusion about the Slovakia/France thing with you (maybe you had mentioned it before, but I just missed it).
Now I wonder if I ever posted my "hello" at the Meet&Greet? Alright, off to check the archives :)

Ranya

Hehe, ok now you made me feel better , I am not the only one who just popped up from nowhere on this forum. Shanazel, this is my first ever forum also and so far the only one. Well, I did sign up on bhuzz but that was just to see some of those UBDCs people were posting.
I say a big hello to you too and I am sure it will be a pleasure to be in this forum with you (now really you have to admit that this is not just said like that, I actually KNOW what I am talking about, hehe).
mwah*

Yshka

I'm not sure I did either. Even back in the old forum... I think this was my first forum as well and had no idea you had to say hi lol. I guess I just dropped in somewhere and started posting.

Anyhow, dear Ranya, have we met before?:D I'm Iris/Yshka. Nice to meet you again!

Moon

(proudly: ) well, I still remember my introduction post, sigh :)
Can't find it back because it was on the old forum, something about being from the Netherlands and having had lessons for 7 months. And Salome was the first one to welcome me :)

Mosaic

Super Moderator
LOL :D that made me scoot out of here to check if I introduced myself .. yes I did, but very briefly. I never know what to say in intros

Salome

Administrator
I'm not sure I did either. Even back in the old forum... I think this was my first forum as well and had no idea you had to say hi lol. I guess I just dropped in somewhere and started posting.

Just a little comment at large about introductions... Several years ago when we started the forum we didn't have a meet and greet forum. But we noticed over time that a large part of the 'population' wanted to introduce themselves and would start a 'hello I am...' thread in all the different forums. So we decided it was only right to make a special forum for just these types of threads. So it is not a must that you introduce yourself, but if you want to there is a space to do that :dance:

Farasha Hanem

Greetings!

I've really gotten behind since my temporary absence! Welcome to the board, Ranya...even though you've been here a while already...o_O; *hugs!* :D

karena

Hi Ranya

I went to Menton once. I go to Nice quite often and we got the train to Menton. Next time I am in Nice I'll come and see you dance, wish I was in Nice now :(

Ranya

Hey Karena you absolutely have to tell me next time you come to Nice! I usually dance on saturday night though I did not yet dance this year (just right after christmas very few people come to the restaurant for budget reasons and also, as I mentioned in another thread before christmas, I needed a break from dancing coz I was burning out in between dance, classes, homework, preparing a show for june and breathing and sleeping lol). But I guess I begin next week, yay, I already missed dance.
JUST MAKE SURE YOU TELL ME NEXT TIME YUPIIII! :D